2 hours ago, Kevo_6 said:

Hi Peter

I used Hardy Engineering in Leatherhead, very happy with their work.

I also think @rcreweread on this forum maybe able to help you.

Kev - thanks for putting me forward but I haven't got any TR6 diffs left - I do have a couple of TR4A 3.7 ones left in case anyone is interested but when they are gone, they are gone.

Pete Cox rebuilt all my diffs so I would have no hesitation in recommending him - https://petecoxsportscars.co.uk/    

Pete Cox & Son Sports Cars

Unit 25 Peltland Trading Estate, Padgets Lane, South Moons Moat, Redditch, B98 0RB

E: enquiry@petecoxsportscars.co.uk T: 01527 522 646 - Work hours only.

Cheers Rich

Depending on what you want to end up with, it may be worth considering a Quaife LSD. Made a huge difference to my 6 in the wet. But pricey, particularly after paying for the machining to make it fit. It's not quite plug'n'play. If you look carefully at the small print it's only intended for earlier cars without IRS, in spite of being listed for the TR6...

John

Having used quite a few Quaife gearbox sets over the years and I'd say on balance avoid if there is another alternative. The quality for me has declined and the product testing for what I bought failed with moderate use and on close inspection and testing by a third party left a lot to be desired given what they charge. When confronted with the results they offered no response but were not averse to using some of the findings and mods to "improve" the design. 

That said there are many who are happy.

Andy

Is this Peter Cox mentioned in the thread the same as in "Cox and Buckles" who were around in Richmond when I first purchased my tr6 in ythe late 80s?

12 minutes ago, jogger321 said:

Is this Peter Cox mentioned in the thread the same as in "Cox and Buckles" who were around in Richmond when I first purchased my tr6 in ythe late 80s?

Indeed it is - I understand he has rebuilt over 11000 gearboxes/overdrives and over 1100 Diffs to date! Quite an achievement!

cheers Rich