14 hours ago, John Reilly said:

Does anyone here have a gauge spare and willing to part with it?

Probably a long-shot request.

Bob Lebro just advised that the gauge I have is for a TR4, don't know how that got into the boxes?

Thanks

John

Bob is the top man for the fuel gauge. Mine is now working well after his help.

There are new gauges available but not cheap .

Good luck Richard & B

What are the numbers on the sender? Here’s two different ones for sidescreen cars. 

If Conrad can’t help, let me know and I’ll have a look at what I have available. Offhand, I really can’t remember as it’s ages since I looked at them.

David

Edited by david ferry
Typo
15 hours ago, John Reilly said:

My sender should be OK, I bought it some years ago for a TR3A.

The point is that the gauges and senders need to match, John. Modern senders often don't. I needed an original sender for my original gauge They are pretty rare but Mr Ferry was able to oblige.

Miles

I can't answer about the terminals John, it would probably need a good clean up to reveal that but I have attached a couple more photos showing the back in greater detail.  The number on the front of the gauge (top centre of the dial) is FG2530/20 which is the same as the gauge on my TR3a and which a quick Google search reveals is a TR3a gauge.  They are available new from Rimmers for £100.

Rgds Ian

IMG_3333.jpeg

IMG_3332.jpeg

10 hours ago, Ian Vincent said:

Hi John,

This is what I have.  I assume it's from a TR3.

Yours for £20 plus postage, (My wife will donate the £20 to her cancer charity WHY)

Rgds Ian

21EEAAAE-F94E-4DF7-89F1-66B274DE91E6_1_105_c.jpeg

55ABB044-82D8-4FC5-99C4-F0DEC0E05523_1_105_c.jpeg

5BA25123-4A77-4F40-89BC-F9519556BC19_1_105_c.jpeg

IMG_3331.jpeg

Well done that man and a thank you to your wife 

Ian / John.

Fuel gauge arrived today, will check it out / calibrate it this afternoon, then send it on its way. Do I have you address John ?

Bob

2 hours ago, Lebro said:

Ian / John.

Fuel gauge arrived today, will check it out / calibrate it this afternoon, then send it on its way. Do I have you address John ?

Bob

Bob,

Can you post a pic to show how it turned out please?

Rgds Ian

All done.  Calibration was spot on using 2 ohms (empty), & 96 ohms Full). No adjustment required (which is a first !)

Cleaned up casing outer, face, & glass, new 'o' rings inside & behind rim, & new transparent window.

Marked "T" (tank) & "B" (battery) as previous marks had disapeared

20210305_152248.thumb.jpg.82f93848ac7cc576ee051e73fe7c1e96.jpg  20210305_152312.thumb.jpg.660161e0b9d522707de356cdd2f24768.jpg  20210305_152303.jpg.1535382282650c5314b76f6011158bef.jpg

Ian, I think you had cleaned it up a bit prior to sending ?

Bob.

Edited by Lebro

I make them as I need them. I use old bubble pack plastic, just cut a length of the right width ,& length (use old gauge one as a template) you need to punch 4 small holes to locate on pips on the dial edge.

The tricky bit is getting the dial off, & back on again without damaging the needle. I would leave the other gauges alone unless they need other work doing to them.

Bob.