TR6 Switch Plinth

Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase a new center switch plinth for the TR6? Or does anyone have a good secondhand one? 

I purchased a new one from one of the well known suppliers, it’s cracked and has chunks out of the coating - they won’t send a replacement as the rest of the stock is the same and these are 'usually like this' apparently, don’t you love it when people knowingly send duff parts! 

16 minutes ago, DanTR6 said:

Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase a new center switch plinth for the TR6? Or does anyone have a good secondhand one? 

I purchased a new one from one of the well known suppliers, it’s cracked and has chunks out of the coating - they won’t send a replacement as the rest of the stock is the same and these are 'usually like this' apparently, don’t you love it when people knowingly send duff parts! 

Where did you buy that one from? TR Shop ones are usually pretty good.

Stuart.

I got mine from Moss, although not quite as good as original it still looks great once installed. 

Gareth

Dan,

would you please let us know if the one from the TR-Shop is good enough for a replacement? My one is beginning to decompose. Same with the crash pads. What I have seen so fare has not convinced me to go for a change. They all looked cheap. 

Edited by Casar66

Has anyone tried recovering what they have with some decent material?

Andy

10 hours ago, Casar66 said:

Dan,

would you please let us know if the one from the TR-Shop is good enough for a replacement? My one is beginning to decompose. Same with the crash pads. What I have seen so fare has not convinced me to go for a change. They all looked cheap. 

will do, it says its yellow foam like the original so at least I know its not the same part that I have currently which is black foam - it is almost double the price though so hopefully thats reflected in the quality.

9 hours ago, PodOne said:

Andy

i was thinking of that, but i think you would need to do all the dash pads so it didn't look out of place, plus the ends of mine have physically gone now its so bad

Mine are tatty so I'm going to give it ago at repairing the foam and covering . Might as well nothing to loose if they don't turn out well. 

Just recovered the crash pads dash top and plinth with leather effect vinyl from flea bay and aerosol glue from Screwfix.

I’m reasonably pleased with the pads but still trying to get the plinth right, I’m not giving up yet!

The vinyl was about £9.00 a meter so it’s cheap enough to try several times to get it right

cheers Neil 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 12:25 PM, stuart said:

Where did you buy that one from? TR Shop ones are usually pretty good.

Stuart.

Tr shop dont have any stock, an american supplier apparently and not very likely to be getting any more. 

Not sure on my chances of finding a good second hand one

18 minutes ago, DanTR6 said:

Tr shop dont have any stock, an american supplier apparently and not very likely to be getting any more. 

Not sure on my chances of finding a good second hand one

Try TRF then http://trf.zeni.net/webcatalog/specials8.11/14.php?s_wt=1280&s_ht=1024

Stuart.

On 4/26/2020 at 3:16 AM, PodOne said:

II did try re-covering my original by vacuum forming vinyl.  I got close, but could never completely eliminate the wrinkles at some of the outside corners.  I know some people have done it with seams at the corners.

Ed

SDC12935a.JPG