Hi 

Does anyone know how the alloy bands that secure the brake pipe to the rear axle are fitted  I believe that there are 3, 2 for the N/S and one for the off/side

it looks like the band goes around the axle and feeds through a slot in  what looks like to be a cotter pin  but i cant see how its tightend  or if the bands need to be shortened

Can anyone please enlighten me. Haven't been able to find any pictures  or instructions on fitting 

all the best 

Steve

Hi Steve,

Moss sell both the plastic tie wrap and the metal strap.

Item #80  https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/brake-system/brake-controls-hydraulics/brake-pipes-girling-system-tr2-4a-1953-67.html

On the metal strap the free end slides into the split pin (on the end of the strap)  and then the pin is ratated to tighten.

Roger

On 3/8/2020 at 9:01 AM, RogerH said:

On the metal strap the free end slides into the split pin (on the end of the strap)  and then the pin is ratated to tighten.

Roger

Or even "Rotated!" :lol::lol:

Stuart.

When I put my MG TD in for registration inspection in Holland it failed because I had used plastic cable ties to hold the brake lines to the rear axle. It seemed a bit odd to me as I thought that there was more chance of the brake line being chafed by the metal tie, but then I am no expert so the metal ties went on and it passed.

George

On 3/8/2020 at 9:01 AM, RogerH said:

Hi Steve,

Moss sell both the plastic tie wrap and the metal strap.

Item #80  https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/brake-system/brake-controls-hydraulics/brake-pipes-girling-system-tr2-4a-1953-67.html

Roger

Hi Roger  have the band  but the slotted  piece doesn't seem to turn .. thought it  would turn like the key on a tin of  Fray bentos  canned cow ??

thumbnail_IMG_0714.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0713.jpg

Thanks  for the words of wisdom will give it a go this week end . One of things |I have done is use stainless steel locking wire to hold the  bump stop rubbers on .. they look original but don't rust. one  little tool  purchased  was a little pipe bender £20 from Automec .. I have other pipe benders  but  not as good on tight bends

https://automec.co.uk/collections/tools/products/small-bending-tool-3-16

thumbnail_IMG_0705.jpg

Edited by Nobbysr