Welcome to Out and About

Returning home early this morning after the Devon group TR Christmas lunch and stop over in Tavistock. 

I never get fed up with these views although my photography doesn’t do it justice. Devon is beautiful from coast to coast and all the hills between, well perhaps with very few exceptions.

love it.:)

IMG_9830.jpeg

IMG_9831.jpeg

Very nice Derek.  

There used to be a lot of good views around here too but over the last 30 years or so, hedges have been planted or allowed to grow tall ( 'green' subsidies I think ) so many roads are now like driving down an endless wooded tunnel and you can only glimpse the views when you pass the odd field gate. 

3 hours ago, RobH said:

Very nice Derek.  

There used to be a lot of good views around here too but over the last 30 years or so, hedges have been planted or allowed to grow tall ( 'green' subsidies I think ) so many roads are now like driving down an endless wooded tunnel and you can only glimpse the views when you pass the odd field gate. 

Thrust me Devon is full of hedges, but we are fortunate to also have the open space of the moorland as seen, undulating hills and valleys of green fields plus two coast line much of which offers clear unobstructed views from not only towns but rural roads and beaches out to sea.  

Edited by Misfit
  • 4 weeks later...

Cumbria Group, now annual, New Yeras Day Run, through the heart of The Lake District;-

Crisp and Dry, all day top down TR'ing, a great start to the TR'ing year!

John.

IMG_1021.jpg.816fa083aa439d12e4b69a9b9ac4da31.jpgIMG_1026.jpg.d8235e75f5a69f3f52de4efa2a5cabc0.jpgIMG_1025.jpg.0ca3286f819109191d96b931d3d033ff.jpg

I never knew until today that a TR 6 could deal with excessive water.
Took the opportunity for blue skies to take a drive from Matlow-Maidenhead-Wargrave-Henley-Bix-Haddenham-Marlow purposely avoiding roads I know are prone to the Thames flooding. 
I didn’t expect the A321 between Wargrave & Henley to be flooded so when I encountered what thought was 2-3” of water near Henley Rowing Club it was up to my sideboards ~6-8” of water. Drove <3-4moh carefully and made it fine but a reminder there’s a helluva lot of water out! (Couldn’t turn around due to about a dozen cars behind me)

Glorious day for a drive though ;)

Edited by Steve-B

Hi Steve,

had the same up near Royston today.   Going through a small hamlet of Reed End (going to the Silver Ball cafe) there was this lake.

It only came half way up the ducks but I suspected more.

Lucky we had the windows up. Some nice fish went by - must remember to go back for some fishing.

If it gets wet - keep driving till it dries out.

Roger

• 2 weeks later...