The fuel pipes between the tank and pump on both my TR2s is 5/16". The pipe from the pump to the carbies on my driving car is also 5/16". The pipe between the pump and carbies on the restoration car is 1/4".

What diameter should the pipe from the pump be?

Yes 5/16" from tank to tap.

On a TR2/3 with H type carbs it was 5/16 from tap to carbs. - so correct for your purposes.

The later windy-up window cars used 1/4"

I can send you the length information if required as I used to make these pipes.

Peter W

Yes 5/16" from tank to tap.

On a TR2/3 with H type carbs it was 5/16 from tap to carbs. - so correct for your purposes.

The later windy-up window cars used 1/4"

I can send you the length information if required as I used to make these pipes.

Peter W

The lengths would be great thanks Peter.

I have bought two lengths of fuel pipe and I still have a bodge up in the pump to carbs line. There are a number of tight bends.

I have an 8.00 mm pipe bender and can not make a smooth bend. If I had a 5/16" wheel would it be easier or is it my skill shortage?

I would like to borrow a proper tool if any one in Sussex area has one to loan.

Thanks

Richard

Edited by Richardtr3a

I have bought two lengths of fuel pipe and I still have a bodge up in the pump to carbs line. There are a number of tight bends.

I have an 8.00 mm pipe bender and can not make a smooth bend. If I had a 5/16" wheel would it be easier or is it my skill shortage?

I would like to borrow a proper tool if any one in Sussex area has one to loan.

Thanks

Richard

I bought a multi pipe bender with 1/4, 5/16 and 3/8 wheels. Works a treat, cost $25 Australian, about 15 pds. I can now do the brake and fuel lines.

Pipe lengths from my old files... I would consider 5/16" Kunifer for all these applications on TR2/3.

Moss sell the stuff in 25 foot rolls - which is too much for one car. MPKF325

Tank to coupling by shocker - 60 " long with TL8 olive and 060142 tube nut to fit tank.

Coupling to fuel tap - 60 " long with TL8 olive and GRP6 tube nut to fit tap.

Fuel pump to carb flex coupling - 48" long with TL8 olive and 060142 tube nut to fit petrol pump outlet.

NB All these dimensions are generous and you may need to trim an inch off with a pipe cutter to get it all looking neat once bent/teased into place.

You will need some form of pipe bender to do the U bend coming out the tank and the bend from the petrol pump outlet. (another reason why there is too much length as your pipe bender may require too long a length to get a grip when bending.)

I have used a Sykes pipe bender for many years with great success, but a cheap one like this would probably do the job. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAKE-FUEL-PIPE-KIT-3IN1-180-Tube-Pipe-Bender-6-8-10mm-Tube-Cutter-3-22mm-MR/322973670652?hash=item4b32bb1cfc:g:ObAAAOSwWHBaS0bX

Cheers

Peter W

PS Richard you have a PM

For a budget pipe bender, imperial piping, this Bergen takes some beating

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BERGEN-Brake-Pipe-Bender-Bending-Tool-3-16-1-4-5-16-3-8-AT146/121438338809?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D43782%26meid%3Daf83394a02634f40b5e5148e59623295%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D322973670652%26itm%3D121438338809&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Otherwise a premium brand like Irwin, Rothenberger or Sykes Pickavant - most cheap benders are metric and a pain in the bum to use.

Cheers

Alec