Replacing outer rubber window and the inner brush seals

I have been told there is a technique to replace the TR6 door window seal and the inner brush seal without removing the window. Can anybody explain how this is done?

John,

Definitely do-able with the window in.

You need the hook tool, which you can fashion yourself. You can see an example in the Moss catalog.

Hook the clips on the door flange using the tool. The clips need to positioned in line with the locations on the seals.

Wooden wedges can come in handy to push the class over for extra clearance.

Then, hook under each clip again as you push the seal down into place. This is much easier than trying to get the clip over the flange and seal.

You will probably find that the seals are a bit too long. This is normal and the length can be trimmed.

Eric.

You also need to get the correct clips. The ones often supplied for the outer seal are too tight. Woolies do good ones which you can tell by the fact that one side is semicircular.

Cheers

Tim

These are the ones that work

https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/1280/spring-clip

Cheers

Tim

Hi John,

you can only fit the seal with the window in position.

Not sure, but it may be possible to remove bottom of window from regulator and let it sit in bottom of the door. But not normally necessary

Hi Tim,

your clip is an upholstery clip - if it works then fine but the normal square cut ones should do the job - yes they are a bu99er.

Roger

Hi John,

I've just finished this job myself and endorse the comments and suggestions already made on this thread. I found that trying to fix the clip at the furthest end of the door frame (B-Post end of door) was extremely tight. What helped me was to remove/loosen the bolt holding the window runner at that end of the door to give the necessary clearance to hook the clips into place.

You will also need to 'shape' the inner fur strips as they come in a straight length. This is also a little tricky as you will no doubt discover. It's all achievable to a high standard if you take your time so I wish you luck.

Best Regards, Peter

You will also need to 'shape' the inner fur strips as they come in a straight length. This is also a little tricky as you will no doubt discover. It's all achievable to a high standard if you take your time so I wish you luck.

Best Regards, Peter

Hi Peter,

they should come ready shaped https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/weather-strip-door-inner-lh-850322.html?assoc=124148

Roger

If you remove the lower window stop bracket then you can wind the window down further to give you more room to get the clips on.

Stuart.

If you remove the lower window stop bracket then you can wind the window down further to give you more room to get the clips on.

Stuart.

So I am re-doing all my door inners inc the window rubber sills, so best to do this with window all the way down, stop bracket removed and with the vinyl panel off it should be easier I guess.