Anybody able to recommend one above the other ? Been doing some research and found a few customers that have had issues with the former but the latter appears twice the price ........get what you pay for I guess but would be interested in anybody's practical experience.

ATB Graham

Hi Graham,

there is also CamCoat oop in Warrington that works well.

I've had it on my exhaust manifold for the last 8 years or so and it still looks good in polished stainless steel.

They can coat the inside as well as the outside.

Roger

post-9073-0-92929700-1483485768_thumb.jpgpost-9073-0-82840600-1483485783_thumb.jpgGraham, I read of the Zircotec process in TRaction and decided to have them coat my Phoenix stainless exhaust manifold in their Performance White finish. This was about 18 months ago and at the time they were offering TRR members a discount, hopefully this

still applies. My car is no show piece and I am not bothered about under bonnet appearance. I wanted an alternative to the exhaust wrap, which I was fed up replacing when it disintegrated and fell away in bits. The reduction in engine compartment temperature

is quite marked.

Tim

White pipes in an engine bay - you must have a very well behaved engine Tim !

I went for the Camcoat version in cermakrome - they were very easy to deal with and happy with the quality of the finish.

I cannot comment on the net reduction in heat in the bay, but the car has run fine since, although the new coated extractor went in at the same time as the carb re-build. I also attached a revington alternator heat shield with added heatproof sheeting on it and also a polished ss heat shield below the carbs.

Some have said that with a coated extractor the heat then passes down the exhaust, but i haven't noticed anything abnormal, (although less wet oil exits the tail pipe !!!! :ph34r: )

IMG_8966_zps5psskwxv.jpg

IMG_8962_zps8k6lpgey.jpg

IMG_0109_zpsgluwjaee.jpg

Had my Phoenix exhaust Zirotec coated in their performance white 5 years ago now. Still looking good.

It certainly reduces under bonnet heat in my TR6. Expensive but worth the money in my view.

Steve

The top end of my engine is oil tight Austin so my coated manifold still looks pretty good. However, it is true that the Performance White finish is easily marked and difficult to clean, it seems quite absorbent. In fairness, however, Zircotec make no secret of this and anyone looing for a long lasting pristine appearance should go for one of their alternative finishes.

Tim

Graham,

I used Camcoat (www.camcoat.com) on my TR6 Phoenix extractor manifold - their black 'racespec' coating, which is applied inside and out. Significantly reduced heat under the bonnet - noticeably better tickover on hot days, and no steaming bonnet on cold rainy days. 20,000 miles later it is as good as new. Camcoat quoted cheaper than Zircotec. They also arranged for collection and return, so it was easy.

Paul