Rear Brake Problem - TR5

Neil,

No, it was a TR4A brake restrictor fitted by a PO.

Pete

Pete,

I don't think the TR4A should be fitted with a restrictor as standard.

Cheers

Graeme

One of mine (broken for parts)was, the other wasn't. The Moss catalogue states "Not always fitted". I had a Vitesse with a restrictor fitted many years ago, and I just couldn't get a solid brake pedal so I sold the car - when I next saw him he told me he had to remove the restrictor to get the brakes to bleed properly.

Pete

HI Pete Fenlon,

Heading out in the morning for two weeks. Got flights relatively inexpensive this time, but wanted to change my flight back and it was £200 to change it, so I'll probably just book a single flight back when I'm over there, be cheaper.

Fed up with not being able to get time in the garage this past month. Lots to do, but I'll get my sleeves rolled up when I get back and camp out in there until I've sorted a whole raft of things.

See you in a bit Pete.

Thanks one and all, this is a good thread, lots of interesting information about how nothing is standard!

Open Road, if you are reading this, I left my phone in Sweden and it has not shown up yet. Hope you're ok.

Cheers.

Dave.

Do not believe what Moss says there are flaws Pete :ph34r:

I don't Neil, and I know! I know what I found in my box of spares though! Might still have it (the connector with the restrictor fitted) somewhere, but heaven knows where!

Pete

Pete,

I don't think the TR4A should be fitted with a restrictor as standard.

Cheers

Graeme

Graham, I note your car has the stainless finisher between the rear wings and the Tub, there was a thread about this not long ago, was that standard on all USA CC cars mine hasn't got them??

Graham, I note your car has the stainless finisher between the rear wings and the Tub, there was a thread about this not long ago, was that standard on all USA CC cars mine hasn't got them??

I believe the earliest '69 cars had them but they were always painted. I've probably seen (3) in my life.

Cheers,

Tom

They were only fitted to Very early cars (69) but are these days often fitted to later cars to negate the problem of the unsightly line of sealer or where it has been over painted the crack line appearing soon after! Personally I like them and have fitted several.

Stuart.

I don't think it makes any diverance wich way you bleed it,

How many times you bleed it

Unless there is a blockage in the pipe work, or an old flexible pipe, the slaves are all in good order

The problem could be tipping valve

Often the problem is air leaking into the system that is almost impossible to detect

The missus Is pumping, your giving instructions , she is trying to convince you thar she is enjoying it

And still nothing is happening, sounds familiar, te he

Recently I put new master /slave on the clutch as I wanted to be sure it all worked well before I drove around irland

Bled and bled the system in the morning no presure, These were new parts, couldn't be the parts, had to be me , I baught them new, new parts from a diferent supplier were sorced ,fitted them, and I joke not 5 pumps job done.

If the system is hard then goes soft it is leaking air, not nesserry loosing oil, you will not no were this leak is, I believe it is air going by the pistons or a bad joint,

I now believe the way to go is servise your own cilenders strip,clean, replace rubers after inspecting for scoring

Pink

They were only fitted to Very early cars (69) but are these days often fitted to later cars to negate the problem of the unsightly line of sealer or where it has been over painted the crack line appearing soon after! Personally I like them and have fitted several.

Stuart.

+1 just fitted them