Brands Hatch Track Day Monday 5 December 2016

I have a hell of a selfie stick !

Remotely operated no doubt! You were too busy trying to keep Olde Smokey on the right line.Looks great fun......not for sale now?!

Iain

Great stuff.

Sunny winters day full of fun. ?

Interesting track conditions

OD logic switch may help with Druids OD conundrum ?

Eg

http://www.revingtontr.com/product/rtr1001k/name/logic-switch-o-drive-all-types

Edited by Hamish

Here are the video nasty's from three of the sessions.

For some reason the camera didn't always finish the session.

The first vid is more sighting laps than real laps, but shows how frosty it was to begin with, with spinners and running wide even at very low speeds - cold cars, cold gearboxes cold brakes, very cold drivers and cold tyres. The cars don't leave the pit lane until around 6:45 (I've no idea how to edit video)

The second is from session 3, a tad less slippery, but I tend to make a mess of gear changes trying find out whether its better with or w/o overdrive.

Cars leave pit lane around 04:30.

The third is from session 4 after lunch, drier in parts, but still tricky, the lines are getting better. On this video I forgot to connect the external mic, so its just wind noise, better to turn the noise down.

I'm afraid its a lot of red TR3A bonnet.

What looks like the occasional weird side - side camera movement is not wobble, but the clever digital gyro in the camera trying to compensate when the back end drifts out - they should fit gyros to cars !

What the vids show is that:

• Triumph's painted yellow don't corner very well
  • TR6's are wider than you think
  • A damp wintery track doesn't always dry out in the winter
  • Track days can be fun even when speeds are lower than average
  • Smooth is better than rough
  • Webber's can make cars sound quick - even girly light blue ones :ph34r:
If Olde Slideyaroundy doesn't sell, I would definitely do the next one. Edited by McMuttley

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Very smooth drives mr McM.

It does show that there are good manners on theese track days ( is this a drivers briefing advisory ?)

I hope I can sort out a time to do a local one ?

Oulton may be ???

I know that you are trying to sell it (perhaps not now ????) but I think you should check your OSF hub. That wheel spinner seemed to go backwards on some occasions and very slow on others. When you were plainly going quick ????????????