Stanpart exchange service Price List 17-Feb 1961

Alec Pringle knowing my love of scanning and sharing stuff recently lent me a letter dated 17 February 1961 and attachments. The letter was sent from the factory to home market dealers and distributors with an update of exchange unit prices.

I have scanned it and attach a copy to this post.

Stanpart exchange service Price List 17-Feb 1961.pdf

post-5993-0-40538600-1465665950_thumb.jpg

Amazing speed, I only posted it to Steve a couple of days ago, 2nd Class !

This is probably as anally retentive anorak train spotter as TR information gets, but hopefully someone will enjoy it and discover some anomalies worth discussion ?

Cheers

Alec

Hi Steve

Great little document. I thought the price of one particular starter motor at £14 2 shillings and sixpence seemed quite expensive for 1961?

I'm not sure what the model was as it referred to it as 20.DEC and part number 200467?

Can anybody who goes back beyond decimalisation remember the correct way to express the above price as written on a price label ? Surprising what you forget!

Thanks for posting it Steve.

£14.2/6 ?

0r £14.12.5p

Edited by Stevecross

13 guineas 9/6

I knew an auctioneer

Getting my coat as you read.

Peter W

PS I rang COVENTRY 75591 it's a takeaway now

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

" I thought the price of one particular starter motor at £14 2 shillings and sixpence seemed quite expensive for 1961? "

According to the This is Money website, price and inflation calculator, £293.76 is today's equivalent . . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

I love ephemera -- and that's a very cool piece to have. Thanks to Steve and Alec for getting it out there.

" I thought the price of one particular starter motor at £14 2 shillings and sixpence seemed quite expensive for 1961? "

According to the This is Money website, price and inflation calculator, £293.76 is today's equivalent . . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

No wonder we used to see motorists either bump starting or using the handle in those days!