Gear Lever

Are there some suggestions on how to get the anti rattle plunger out of the lever please?

It wont go in any further to be able to take the burr off either.

I wondered if I welded a rod onto the plunger, I might be able to pull it out.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

John

post-4191-0-88029200-1453238772_thumb.jpg

Kevo and Roger,

Thanks for your input,

I liked the idea of a hole in the other side, but that whole piece is hardened and I don't think a drill will touch it, unless there are some special drill bits, but it will have to be a pretty small diameter.

Looks like I need to find another lever, new ones are a silly price.

John

I have had this before and got them out by simple expedite of smacking them across the top of a vice (Pin downwards) it will usually come out just enough to get a grip with pliers or mole grips then to remove, you could warm it up first.

Stuart.

I have had this before and got them out by simple expedite of smacking them across the top of a vice (Pin downwards) it will usually come out just enough to get a grip with pliers or mole grips then to remove, you could warm it up first.

Stuart.

Or freeze it with plumbing pipe freezer, if you are bothered about upsetting the hardening.

Yes whack it like a hammer, plunger down, on a sturdy bit of timber. That usually shifts it.

Peter W

Success!.... I did have to file the burr off quite a bit, and good blows as advised on the edge of a vice it popped out.

Now I need to carry on and get the box out, to hopefully cure a baulking in 1st gear.

Has anybody been able to identify this issue with the internal parts? I'm think either synchro cone or too much end float of first gear.

John