I like the Halfords Professional range of tool cab/chest, they usually have a pre-Christmas bundle offer, and the post-Christmas sales have comparable savings.

If you want a little more depth the 'industrial' range have a bit more capacity, at a higher price.

........ Andy

+1 for the Halfords cabinets, roller bearing draws , smooth movements, good price.

Mick Richards

I bought the Heavy Duty Clarke boxes from Machine Mart during one of their vat free deals. Roller cabinet, top box, and side cabinet. Very pleased with it.

The side cabinet has to be hung on the end of the roller cabinet with the fixed wheels. It fouls the castor wheels if hung on the other end.

I looked at the Halfords boxes but found that the Clarke is made from heavier gauge steel, but more expensive. Then again, i'm sure they will last much longer.

I've got a 'Beach' Top and Mid box which are not bad and to be honest perfectly adequate for my needs, but what really impressed me quality wise was when I splashed out on a Britool roll cab, if I was starting from scratch this is what I would go with for the whole set up. Not cheap but nowhere Snap on prices and if you search the web you can find some really good deals

ATB Graham

I went for the Halfords Industrial special offer this week, three units for £359.

I agree that the Machine Mart ones are a little better built, but these offered great value for money for the 'casual' user :-)

Steve

Halfords trade cards can't be used on their special price offers.

Mick Richards

I have Halfords kit. there maybe better quality but its good enough. I laid some [left over pond liner] rubber sheeting in the drawers. Stops the tools banging and sliding around and protects the drawers.

Mike