J Hawkins Trimming Range Catalogue 1980

Hi All,

Whilst going through the large history file that came with my recently acquired TR2, I came across a nice car trimming range catalogue from a company in Oxfordshire - J Hawkins. It has a full range of samples for various bit of trim/carpets etc available for TR2/3/3a at the time, with touchy feely samples too!

I thought you might like to take a look and hope the photos came out ok. The price list is dated 1st May 1980.

Enjoy

Ade

http://s463.photobucket.com/user/apj2007/library/Trimming%20Catalogue

Edited by AJ2014

I still have a Jim Hawkins catalogue and my TR3A has most of the trim supplied by him in the 80s. It's had a hard life (not helped by the zips and buckles of our flying jackets) and probably looks to most people as though it's the original 1960 interior. However, only the carpets have been replaced due to frequent soakings and a decision to change to a different shade of red. Jim was an antique upholsterer and TR owner and provided an excellent product and friendly service at a time when no-one else was producing the full side-screen TR interior set.

I threw out my Jim Hawkins catalogue late last year. Jim was a very competent upholsterer who started his little business in a farm loft near Wallingford. As things expanded he moved to new modern promises on the site of the old MG factory in Abingdon. Then he suddenly disappeared off the radar. Pity, because he was a nice guy and good at his job.

James

James

Jim Hawkins rings a bell in my somewhat scattered grey cells

I remember going to see an upholsterer with a work colleague who owned a (I think) TR4A, again, the grey matter is wobbling, but between Wallingford and Didcot comes to mind

I know Chris (the TR4A owner) was seriously chuffed with what he finally got.

Would that have been Jim?

At the time, Jim was the best. Not that there was

that much competition, but he really did a great job.

I don't recall him being in a new modern premesis -

when I visited him around 1988, he was working out

of an old mill building but hitting major problems on

grounds of fire risk - the building itself as a factory,

together with the combustible materials he used.

AlanR