Lenham hardtop

I bought a Lenham fiberglass hardtop new in 1979 ish, saffron yellow to match my 1972 TR6. I drove that TR6 and my worldly possessions to Switzerland soon after and the hardtop has never been on a TR6 since even though it has traveled with me all over the world. I repainted it to match our TR6 a few years ago. We have a club outing tomorrow and the weather will be on the cool side so we are going with the hardtop. The black vinyl roof is the way it came from Lenham,

IMAG0406_zpskeov6gmu.jpg

Black vinyl roof very 1970`s! That top actually looks very good Stan, apart from chrome finishers looks quite like an original one.

Stuart.

Lenham fiberglass hardtop a very good alternative to the factory one and to enjoy the TR6 whatever the weather.

On top of, this black vinyl on a Signal red remind me Dolimite Sprint I owned in the '80.

Regards

Edited by Marc R

In addition to looking very similar to the factory top it also weighs a lot less. I can pick it up and install it on my own. The only odd thing is the clamps for the rear have no chance of working with this top on this car. I made up some clamps for now but it would be interesting to see another installation and see how those rear clamps are supposed to work. The side and front mounts are working fine.

Yes, the black roof is very 70's, I had the option of changing it to body color but decided to keep it original. Very groovy, or perhaps that was a 60's thing.

Stan

I just bought a mimosa yellow 1973 TR6 that has come with a matching hard top in excellent condition that I don't need but had to pay £40 to get delivered! . If anyone is inspired by this thread to put one on you could make me an offer on a pm.

Charles

post-12736-0-01844000-1443991428_thumb.jpg

Easy enough to strip and paint to body colour if that is the preference

That also looks good Alan, nicely coordinated. Do you use the factory brackets for the rear ?. I'm very curious to understand how they are supposed to fit as I cant make any sense of it no matter how I try and orient the brackets.

Stan

Looks very good Stan and certainly suits the red. The TR is certainly dwarfed by that pick-up alongside!

cheers

Derek

TR tow vehicle Derek, half ton truck, twin turbo, a small truck around here. Here's a picture from today featuring two aftermarket hardtops. I recall both of these styles featured in your excellent article a while back.

DSC_0105_zpsa3dsndsz.jpg

and keys in the boot lock with no driver on the red. Tops look good tho.

and keys in the boot lock with no driver on the red. Tops look good tho.

Yes Robin, the driver is an idiot but one of the other guys let me know.

Stuart, we have as many variations of third brake lights as we have aftermarket hardtops. Mine is a thin LED strip that attaches to the TR6 roll bar. I think the one on the green car uses double sided tape. Not sure what I will do for the TR3, probably something magnetic that I can remove easily.

Don made up one that attached up under the rear cockpit capping with a "U" shaped bracket so you could still fit Top or Tonneau.

Stuart.

Hi Guys,

Just to say the hard top is sold.

Thanks to all those who pm' d me.

Charles