My hood is starting to look tired and the o/s rear quarter light has split :angry:

The hood is 25 years old and is double duck, I am looking to change this for vinyl one as they fold better and are more waterproof. So as the hood will be off, i am going to refurb the frame, I have all the new bits for this, so my question is what is the best way to finish the frame ,is it possible to powder coat this or is painting the better option.

Im interested to hear from any one who has done this :ph34r:

Thanks john

Roger,

not sure on the original colour, mine looks like its never been touched and is Black, the original colour of the car was Magenta

Hi Roger. Below quote copied from the TR Trader website :

Most TR2,3,4 models have the hood frame in body colour or satin black, TR4A models were originally finished in a beige/cream, TR5/6 models were finished in satin black, if you have a specific colour requirement please enquire.

May be helpful

Sean

Halfords satin black works really well.

Had mine powder coated, looks good and more resilient than paint. Can't remember cost but it wasn't expensive.

Thanks Gents

I have a powder coater I can use who is close to work and cheap as well ;):D