I am starting to refit the H frame and have noticed that the u section filler panel between the metal dash and H frame is missing.

It looks as if I will need to fabricate one, does anyone know the actual dimensions of the unit. Mainly the distance from the metal dash to the H frame.

Hi John

Yes item 91

I am sure I had one when I dismantled the car, but am unable to find it now, so as it is no longer available, I will have to fabricate one.

Hi

I will be refitting my H Frame this weekend, so I could measure my bracket and let you know over the weekend, probably Sunday.

Let me know.

On my '74 US model, the bracket is an angle, not the channel shown in the Moss blowup. The leg showing is about 0.875 high except at the ends where it is about 1.062". The other leg is about 0.916". The bracket is just over 8" long.

Ed

SDC12988.JPG

That would be great. Mine is a UK 1972, so I am thinking it should be a u channel.

Hi,

The bracket in the photo is correct. just "L" shaped.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dave

That would be great. Mine is a UK 1972, so I am thinking it should be a u channel.

I wil post the sizes tomorrow, mine is also a 72 UK.

Hi Pedlar

I'm also missing this bracket I jumped on a thread and got the same reply L shaped.

I have a leather cover to fit to h frame, I was wondering if any of you have attempted what I am going to try.

Right here goes I want the front of the h frame clear of the two fixing bolts.

so I was thinking of making them captive on rear of frame before covering so that the bolts protrude from behind

Having not removed or fitted a h frame before do you think this is possible.

Mark

Edited by Mark69

On my '74 US model, the bracket is an angle, not the channel shown in the Moss blowup. The leg showing is about 0.875 high except at the ends where it is about 1.062". The other leg is about 0.916". The bracket is just over 8" long.

Ed

SDC12988.JPG

My bracket is the same as Ed's post, my car is an original early 72.

• 2 months later...

I am now in the process of fabricating a new bracket to attach h frame to dash.

Does anyone know if when these are bolted together they are flush on the front face

Thanks Mark

Now sorted.

Bolts fitted to h frame and secured from behind .

Edited by Mark69
  • 3 weeks later...