Picture upload size

Can anyone assist? I would like to upload a few pictures to the forum, but my image file size is to large, is there a good re sizing free programme that I can use that does not through up all manner of pop ups and try to take over my PC ?

thanks

Can anyone assist? I would like to upload a few pictures to the forum, but my image file size is to large, is there a good re sizing free programme that I can use that does not through up all manner of pop ups and try to take over my PC ?

thanks

No need for a program, Windows will do. Double-click on your pic then go to the top menu "Tools" (or "Edit" for PC not sure) > "adjust size" and select a lower one, typically 1 notch will reduce the size tenfold. Alternatively go to top menu "File" (or Edit for PC not sure) > "save as..." and reduce the picture quality (lower resolution).

An alternative that works for me is as follows.

If I want to post a photo here I export it from my Mac to Photobucket. The Photobucket exporter allows me to resize the photo before exporting. I resize to 'medium'. I then post the photo from Photobucket here.

Ironically, I have not worked out how to post a photo here from my iPad (need to study the recent thread on this more carefully!) which is what I am using now. But an example can be seen on the TR2 - 3B section on the thread I started yesterday on loose pegs. That is a medium photo.

Miles

Thank you for input.

If I open my picture I have few options of what to open it with unless I import it into Word.

How do I get a photobucket account this may be the easiest way forward I feel.

I am running windows 7

Kevin

Thank you for input.

If I open my picture I have few options of what to open it with unless I import it into Word.

How do I get a photobucket account this may be the easiest way forward I feel.

I am running windows 7

Kevin

Kevin

Open it with paint and click resize and save

Flickr works well with Apple and offers a range of sizes. Dead simple.

Chapter and Verse Please Ash,don't forget I have an Apple iPad and haven't a Clue how to put up a Picture although I have 1600 Saved and when it comes to Computers I'm Lost altogether.