TR4A special trunk badge - looking for clues

Ola, the pic was taken from one episode of the 60' spy-fi series "The Avengers". There's a special badge fitted on the trunk which I've never seen before. What is it ? Calling for your sagacity...

PS: I tried to sharpen, enlarge, X-ray, etc... but haven't been able to decipher it

TR4Atheavengers_zps32456487.jpg

Best

Paul

DVLA tax disc check has no details.

Probably a made up number plate for the TV series like The Baron who had the number plate BAR 1 on a Jensen CV 8 and then there was The Saint who sported the Number Plate ST1 and that appeared on several Volvo P1800 cars also styled by Jensen numbers, 71 DXC, NUV 647E, NUV 648E & 77 GYL.

So our TR in The Avengers was probably a fake plate :-)) The car may well survive though on a different number.

I have attached a few pictures of the TR4A used in The Avengers and it was often that a car would appear in a few different episodes under different plates etc. This one could have been KGN 444D. There is also no record of this on the current DVLA tax Disc database.

Best

Paul.

Not to go off topic too much but the original overdrive badge can be seen on the car in

The Avengers Series 6 - Episode 4. Title: Split!.

23 October 1968 was the date it aired so if the car was a D plate it was a couple of years old when filming.
Best
Paul