Can anyone advise me how I can locate some photographs of a TR3a in Pearl Grey. I recently purchased my 59 3a which was originally this colour with red Vynide interior and black hood & side screens. I've found a number on the net in Silver Grey but not Pearl.

Many thanks

Graeme

Hi Graeme,

I don't have anything as useful as a paint swatch card for Pearl Grey, but I think the ICI paint code was 2931 - you may get some joy searching the net for that reference . . . .

It's a very pale grey, almost an off white. I'm sure I've seen a swatch photo on one of the USA Triumph forums.

Cheers

Alec

Hopefully this picture can help a little. I purchased a paint chip book a few years ago showing several Standard Triumph colours. Here is a picture of the various shades of grey. Eight chips are visible, left to right they are:

Slate ICI 7729
Dolphin Grey ICI 4809
Gunmetal ICI 2121
Phantom Grey ICI 3234
Silverstone Grey ICI 3277
Pearl Grey ICI 2931
Silver Grey ICI 3125
Birch Grey ICI 2758

IMG_2634.jpg

As you can see, the Pearl Grey is a little darker than Silverstone Grey, and a little lighter than Silver Grey.

Regards

Randy

Thanks Guys, it's interesting butI thought that Pearl Grey was lighter than Silverstone Grey but from Randy's colour chips, it's the opposite. My preference would have been to have red Hood & side screens as I personally feel they set the grey off better but as I'm keen to maintain the original spec I need to have them in black.

My brothers car was silverstone grey and he still has the hardtop in its orig colour.

Drab is a nice description, just like my phantom grey TR was, thankfully repainted on the outside, but was still grey in the footwells , boot and under the dash.

Cheers

Peter W

Hi Graeme,

It's a very pale grey, almost an off white. I'm sure I've seen a swatch photo on one of the USA Triumph forums.

Cheers

Alec

This is another possibility.

On last november, I went to a meeting, sort of cars & coffee.

There were 4 tr3A, (including my blue baby): a pale yellow, a white one

beside another "white" with a slight shade of grey. For a better

comparison have a look on this page at the 3rd tr3A, in descending order

http://http://www.autoclubaix.com/manifestations/aca-saint-marc-classical-show/photos-des-editions-precedentes/novembre-2012-424.html.

post-11424-0-11849600-1361468446_thumb.jpg

post-11424-0-11849600-1361468446_thumb.jpg

What colour is Frank A.'s car? Perhaps he can help. (Haven't seen or heard from him lately, btw)

Menno

I haven't heard from Frank lately either. Frank where are you? I had the pleasure of parking next to Frank and his Silverstone Grey TR3A at our Triumph national meet last fall. Beautiful car.

Here is a link to a good picture:

http://www.triumphexperience.com/registry/TS58476LO

Just by comparison, I think the Racestoration car may be in Silverstone Grey as well.

Hopefully this picture can help a little. I purchased a paint chip book a few years ago showing several Standard Triumph colours. Here is a picture of the various shades of grey. Eight chips are visible, left to right they are:

Slate ICI 7729

Dolphin Grey ICI 4809

Gunmetal ICI 2121

Phantom Grey ICI 3234

Silverstone Grey ICI 3277

Pearl Grey ICI 2931

Silver Grey ICI 3125

Birch Grey ICI 2758

IMG_2634.jpg

As you can see, the Pearl Grey is a little darker than Silverstone Grey, and a little lighter than Silver Grey.

Regards

Randy

Show Off! That's what he is! <_<