BATTERY CONDITIONERS

Rob,

Have a look at C-TEC Battery Conditioners, see: http://www.ctekchargers.co.uk/?gclid=CMG10bKFpbUCFY7JtAodmzgA4w

I've had a C-TEC 360 for a few years now and it a good bit of kit - available through the club shop, but you can get them on eBay cheaper.

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Rob ~

I've been using the Lidl battery conditioners in daily use for some years now with absolutely no problems.

I have one on my TR3A and my E-Type.

Last time I bought one they were £15 each, much cheaper than the Ctek!

Lidl had them in stock a few weeks ago. If they're out of stock they will come round again in time.

Tom.

I bought one recently from Halfords:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_895219_langId_-1_categoryId_255205

Already it's convinced me that I DON'T need a new battery!

John

• 7 months later...

I have the Lidl charger and as a value for money smart charger it is excellent. However it's max output is 4 amps and as such it does suit longer battery charging applications, ie over winter when it won't cook your battery.

I also have a C Tek 7000 which has an up to 7 amp output and is sold as being suitable for up to 225ah batteries, I've checked with C tek and they say it will also charge the new Silver Calcium high output batteries often fitted to today's new cars. It also has the option on one of the modes to be used as a power supply for operations where a fixed 13.6v is delivered at 7amps without a battery being attached.

I paid £13 for the Lidl charger and got the C tek on offer at £65, (£96 was the then retail) both are great value for money in different ways.

Mick Richards

I see Lidl also have the car covers back on sale this Thursday. I have been using a couple of these for 4-5 years now and they are an excellent indoor cover, keeps the dust off and no condensation issues. TR size is the medium, and almost looks like a tailored cover when the hood is up. Only £12.99!