TR6 with registration ATR60K?

Yes, it's Pimento (my second Pimento TR6) and probably the best red for a TR6, but I would say that wouldn't I..................

Here's the book: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-TR-4-5-6-GT-FOULIS-AUTOFOLIO-BOOK-SPECIFICATIONS-HISTORY-ETC-1990-1ST-ED-/310485218298?pt=UK_CarParts_Vehicles_Manuals_Litterature_ET&hash=item484a5c73fa

Cheers

Andrew

Alfred,

as noted by others ATR 60K was rebuilt and owned by Dave Lewis who is still a member and who now lives in Spain. Dave often contributes to the forum and will no doubt respond to this topic. Daves TR is still around, is still Pimento red and owned by a member who lives in Wolverhampton however it know has the registration number MCY 242L. Daves other concours TR6 which he also sold is still around and is Sapphire Blue COV 897K.

cheers

Derek

I can remember chatting to Dave Lewis at Malvern a few years ago when ATR had been for sale for many months at a very realistic price and amazingly he had no takers.

When I think of some of the overpriced tat that were being advertised as restored TR6s, I think the eventual owner got himself a bargain. In fact, I was very tempted myself.

Regards

Peter

• 2 months later...
My TR6 has the original registration number TRB 189K, so presumably there must be more out there that start "TR"

Hi - I owned TRB 189K from April 1978 until July 1981.....I saw the car for sale on Piston heads about 3/4 years ago but it was already sold. I did contact the new owner who I believe was named Clive living in Coventry. we discussed the car and I did ask if he would let me know if he was selling as at the time I was looking for a TR...... Would be pleased to swap notes about the vehicle, i carried out a lot of restoration work even then as the box chassis was a rust bucket. I believe the original owner used to toe a boat and likely exposed the car to salt water. Would be interested if you are thinking of sellling sometime. Any way my details are as follows:

Ian

ic@ingeniumsolutions.co.uk