Head gasket which way up?

Looks good.

Nice to see a bit of MGB on the front of your engine.....

Is the oil cooler sandwich plate new? If so be prepared to move/mess about with fuel tap mounting bracket. - I gave up and fitted a LawrenceTune kit that taps into the steel filter bowl and the aluminium head.

Cheers

Peter W

Good point Don.

Get the hose clips for the top hose, importantly the radiator end, positioned such that the screw head can be turned with a screw driver once the apron is back on.

Cheers

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

My 3A came with an oil cooler too. I think its a bit of an over kill so i took it off, the original mounting bolts are part of the kit so its easy as to take off.

Dont forget to put some lock tight on the coil mounting bolts, the threads go into the oily parts and will leak;

Regards Graham.

My 3A came with an oil cooler too. I think its a bit of an over kill so i took it off, the original mounting bolts are part of the kit so its easy as to take off.

Dont forget to put some lock tight on the coil mounting bolts, the threads go into the oily parts and will leak;

Regards Graham.

The dynamo mounting bracket bolts also go through crankcase wall to the oily area. I drilled and wire locked mine having been warned years ago by a TR racer.

Cheers

Peter W

It was some time ago but from memory too much time was spent airborne. Backside in the air. I wouldn't be without the harness and the roll hoop. Does depend how you drive I suppose. I'm old enough to remember seat belts being introduced. Wouldn't be without them. JJC

It was some time ago but from memory too much time was spent airborne. Backside in the air. I wouldn't be without the harness and the roll hoop. Does depend how you drive I suppose. I'm old enough to remember seat belts being introduced. Wouldn't be without them. JJC

Ron, excellent! I wish we'd met. It's only a bit over thirty miles for me, but it was a challenge to rebuild the engine and the gearbox and then put it in the car in a about five days, or it was for this old codger. It's running like a dream without oil or water escaping, so I'm happy!

The only thi g I have to sort out now, once it's run in, is ignition timing at full advance. It definitely needs 4 degrees static, but the oil companies recommend backing it off by the same amount at full advance because modern fuel burns so fast. It's actually harming so e engines, so I may have to modify the distributor to limit advance.