Hello,

This is my first post as I have only just joined the forum and didn't see any other suitable area to say 'hello'.

I live in Manchester and have just bought my first Triumph which happens to be a TR6 ;)

It's a 1972 in Dark blue, go easy on me as I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me and inform me of the true colour name! It is a project and needs restoration, but it is complete and in good form.

Hope to get to know you all soon,

Mike.

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forum, the fountain of knowledge. Enjoy the TR6 we are all here to help you with your pride & joy.

Cheers

Mike B)

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forum - a font of knowledge is readily and freely available to help you!

Hope the restoration goes well for you!

Best regards

Ian

PS - If not already done, join the TR Register - you know it makes sense!!! ;):)

Edited by ianhoward

Mike,

Welcome to the Forum - you just need to ask and you will any number of replies from a worldwide source of knowledge, for the most part. ;)

And as Ian says, join the TR Register (if not done so already) as it's the only TR club worth joining................ B)

Cheers

Andrew

PS - if your 6 is a dark blue, that'll be 'Royal Blue' then ........ :D

Hello,

This is my first post as I have only just joined the forum and didn't see any other suitable area to say 'hello'.

I live in Manchester and have just bought my first Triumph which happens to be a TR6 ;)

It's a 1972 in Dark blue, go easy on me as I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me and inform me of the true colour name! It is a project and needs restoration, but it is complete and in good form.

Hope to get to know you all soon,

Mike.

Welcome to the forum Mike.

Pleased its not another Red one :)

Dark Blue ( possibly sapphire) is a great colour, no i am not at all biased.

Cheers

Guy

hi mike

as a tr6 virgin myself i also was after all the info i could get and after a few prblems i can vouch for the guys on the forum they know there kit.

good luck in your project mark.

Hi Mike

Welcome and enjoy your 6, good luck for you project & I can say there is always plenty of help and a wealth of knowledge on here, as I am a fairly new boy aswell I have had loads of help so don't be afraid to ask.

Cheers

Kev'o

MIKE, Welcome, I to am relativily new to the TR experience (1 year old) and restoring a white 72 6, You probably have done this already, but I found the Moss spares catologue very useful, Its free , just phone or email them. In addition, I also got the history of who owned my car, where and and when from the DVLA, you just need to onto the their Web site for info. Finally if your car has overdrive the number on the V5C document will not match the number on the car, dont panic the DVLA cannot have 'O' or 'I' in the 'commissioning Numbers' Its probably got a 'D' or '0' Instead.

Anyway best of luck with your restoration. regards

Thanks again for the warm welcomes.

Yes I am very close to Moss (have been for moggy minor bits before) and TR bits are on 20 mins away in fact 2 mins from my parents house. I will be taking a ride over in the next week to collect a pair of wheels if they are correct.

Thanks again for the advise so far!

Regards Mike.

Edited by devilwoo

Hi Mike

james here,have also just joined and brought my first classic being a 72 white TR6 and loving it,have fair bit to do to it and keep finding different things every day and with the help of everyone on this site it makes it alot easier,they are very helpfull.

Also looking forward to meeting a few people and there cars.

Good luck.

James

salisbury