XXD rebirth!

Following the seious TVR assault last season, anyone interested can see the progress now being made in bringing XXD racing TR6 back to life on TREnterprises Facebook page at -

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TR-Enterprises/192699417414302.

Still a long way to go yet tho!

Edited by alan57

Following the seious TVR assault last season, anyone interested can see the progress now being made in bringing XXD racing TR6 back to life on TREnterprises Facebook page at -

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TR-Enterprises/192699417414302.

Still a long way to go yet tho!

Hi Alan

Good luck with your rebuild it looks pretty extensive still it is in the right place.

Hope it doesn't cost too many arms and legs!

Regards

John

Alan,

I'm sure XXD will see a race track again soon, just stay away from the TVR!!

Direct link to the pics

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.371001882917387.111039.192699417414302&type=1

Tom

• 3 months later...

Nice to see the "rebirth" of this toy, I really like the white/green combo B)

Are the doors in GRP ?

Thanks Chris - all outer panels are GRP/composite, including doors. The strength and safety comes from a strengthened and reinforced inner shell and chassis, and a VERY robust safety cage - including door side bars - it does mean however that it is impossible to get in or out elegantly!!!

Dave,

I prefer to call it experience rather than advancing years!! By the way, how are you enjoying retirement(!!!!!)

I shall be entirely happy for anyone to be in front of me so as to avoid scratching the immaculate finish (the car, that is!). And you know of course that I am not at all a competitive person! This weekend, weather permitting, we are in a classic run in the road "6" - with everything from 1900 onwards - 500 cars buses lorries and steam rollers - the latter about my speed d'you think?

• 1 month later...

Wowee!!! Due out in Thoro'bred race at Silverstone on Saturday - the first I've seen of the car as finished will be at scrutineering, as not had time to test!!! Very much a shakedown run - tootling around and keeping out of trouble!! Looks like I might need water wings tho!!

Bloody TVR's (you'd never catch me in one (take that both ways!!)), wihich I bet is more than can be said for the muppet that bought and smacked Steve Watton (Gorgeous Griff up the first time he ventured on track with it!). At least XXD is now back on track and looking great Alan.

See you Tomorrow, saw you name down on the entry list. 4 TR6's out, my first time on the Arena track after diff packed up on out lap of Qually last year. Josh will be a hard Target now he is racing most weekends.

Jon

Thanks Jon - for me - new circuit, freshly rebuilt car, not had my bum in a race car for a year!!! Don't think I'll be bothering you, Josh, or anyone else!! Reality is an uneventful day and a finish - will be just fine!! See you there.

I think....... Josh won. No idea about jon and Alan had a slight cOming together with another 6 :(

Tom

Oops - back to the paint shop!! Sorry Tom!!

Josh won, Jon blew a clutch in qualification.

XXD greatly admired - until I got my hands on it!!!! Still looks great from the back!! But looks to be only cosmetic - over to you Tom to work your magic!

Oops - back to the paint shop!! Sorry Tom!!

Josh won, Jon blew a clutch in qualification.

XXD greatly admired - until I got my hands on it!!!! Still looks great from the back!! But looks to be only cosmetic - over to you Tom to work your magic!

Yep my clutch started slipping right from the first lap when into the high end of the revs, just got worse. Still 8th (thought I'd be about 20th!), but nothing could be done. Oh well!

Next year.

I might come out in a TVR (Alan) ;):blink:

Glad you finished Alan. Was a cracking race from the grandstands. Josh was swamped on power in the first lap but the inherent lap times he had in the car pulled him through for the win picking them off (Ken Patons D-Type gave him the best run, very close for a good few laps mid to late on).