K.Raven Smith

Hi all,

I purchased some injectors from K Raven Smith on Saturday 1st of this month paid for them via paypal but still have not received them as of today.

Has any one else bought from her ? if so how long did it take to receive it.

She is not answering my emails either !!!! do you think I've been had ??

Nibbo

Hi Nibbo,

Neil Ferguson is the other half, he's the PI whizz. I was speaking to him a couple of weeks back, got the impression he was a bit snowed under, so I'd guess it's just one of those temporary blips. In my experience he's usually reasonably quick on turnaround, and all of his stuff that I've seen has been A1.

Cheers,

Alec

Contacted Neil, all sorted now, my fault didn't realise he wanted my old ones before he sent the refurbed ones.

Are well live and learn.

Ta all for replies.

Nibbo

Contacted Neil, all sorted now, my fault didn't realise he wanted my old ones before he sent the refurbed ones. Are well live and learn.

Malcolm at Prestige doesn’t phaff about like that, he has more trust in his customers!

Cheers

Andrew

Malcolm at Prestige doesn’t phaff about like that, he has more trust in his customers!

Cheers

Andrew

Hmm not so sure Andrew , last time I got stuff from Malcolm I had to post my bits first , likewise my mate had to take his bits to Malcolm at Harrogate in the summer for an exchange . Maybe depends how well you know him ?

Scotty, Rob

My first dealing with Malcolm was in June this year, and he sent me 6 injectors in advance of me taking the old ones out. Maybe I just sound honest………………………..I must remember to send them to him - only joking!

Cheers

Andrew

Maybe I just sounded a bit dodgy on the phone! I think it all depends on his stock levels of injectors for reconditioning, presumably when either supplier has low stock they request your own injectors in advance. Having read very good reports about both suppliers though I think I'd carefully compare prices first next time as the price difference seems a lot.

Rob

Maybe they've got more careful than earlier. I bought all the PI setup from Prestige late 2009, an order for almost 1400£. Got everything in advance, and I'm even a bloody foreigner. I wonder though why they don't charge an excange fee that can be paid back when returing parts, that could solve the problem. Works fine with Rimmers, I've got exchange parts from them and money back as long as a year afterwards returning the originals.

PIAA

hello all,a quick comment on the above.i do send out metering units in advance of old units being returned because i have never not had one come back. injectors on the other hand have been lost, or simply not sent back. As for a surcharge some customers would still rather keep the old unit { for spares or sell on} I do try to send exchange injectors on the same day i get the old ones depending on the time of day they arrive..There are only so many parts to recondition once some are lost to the reconitioners the stocks diminish this aplies to all the people who recondition.i hope this makes things a bit clearer. neil

Hi All,

Just a quick note to vouch for Neil, he did all of my stuff and has always been very reasonably priced and helpfull when I've been stuck with anything, never met the man but I can recommend him from experience.

Tom

hello all,a quick comment on the above.i do send out metering units in advance of old units being returned because i have never not had one come back. injectors on the other hand have been lost, or simply not sent back. As for a surcharge some customers would still rather keep the old unit { for spares or sell on} I do try to send exchange injectors on the same day i get the old ones depending on the time of day they arrive..There are only so many parts to recondition once some are lost to the reconitioners the stocks diminish this aplies to all the people who recondition.i hope this makes things a bit clearer. neil

Hi Neil

Have sent you a PM

Tony

Jonster, if you've got the right size spanners it is a 10 minute job to fit all 6. Rob

Yes, changing all six injectors will only take 10 minutes, but then there’s the bleeding process, literally.

However, I would not advocate changing all six at the same time but would suggest changing in pairs (or threes) as ideally you want the car running to make bleeding the injectors easier.

Cheers

Andrew

PS – make sure you get the nibbed type of injector, the non-nibbed are a real pain to bleed effectively in my experience.

Cheers

Andrew

I just stuck all 6 injectors into a jamjar and with the plugs out turned it on the starter until they started spraying, did'nt take long at all then stick the injectors in tighten the 3 retaing plate bots, refit the plugs and your away. Really didn't take very long at all and was very straightforward.

Rob

I like the jam jar idea rob will try that tomorrow, my recon injectors arrived from Neil today very prommt delivery "thanks Neil "so before I go to bed in the morning ( on 12hr nights at the mo )I will fit them and fire the 6 up.

Nibbo

post-7748-0-91562700-1318533283_thumb.jpg

I've used this method when everything's been off and back on again, just to check if they pop.

PIAA

post-7748-0-91562700-1318533283_thumb.jpg

Yes, changing all six injectors will only take 10 minutes, but then there’s the bleeding process, literally.

However, I would not advocate changing all six at the same time but would suggest changing in pairs (or threes) as ideally you want the car running to make bleeding the injectors easier.

Cheers

Andrew

PS – make sure you get the nibbed type of injector, the non-nibbed are a real pain to bleed effectively in my experience.

Cheers

Andrew

Thanks, need to take a look under the hood again than because I thought you had to get them hooked up again with the fuel lines that I thought was a PITA

Injectors siutable for re-conditioning are getting very thin on the ground now.

The prices the old ones go for on Ebay should give a clue why Neil (and others) want them from you first!!

They can't afford to loose the core.

Over a £100 a set (for the old ones) is not uncommon.

Cheers

Colin

• 2 years later...