Restored 1955 Le Mans TR2 - first outing

Last weekend saw the first outing of the newly restored PKV 376 in the classic racing car parade at the Ennstal Classic. Driven by Rauno Aaltonen the owner is in the passenger seat. Let's hope we can see the car in the UK in the not too distant future.

Link here

This is the only still photo that I could find. Does anyone with a digital camera know the owner?

34829b39e8.jpg

It looks as if it may have been fitted with R&P steering because the control head is going round with the steering wheel. Why else would you not reinstate the stator tube?

Rgds Ian

hello Ian

yes the control head is moving but it is the original steering but it wasn´t fixed ok. the car was brougt by my mechanics one hour befor rouno started the car :-)))

There are a lot of small things thst are not perfect at that moment - but i am working.:-)))

hello Ian

yes the control head is moving but it is the original steering but it wasn´t fixed ok. the car was brougt by my mechanics one hour befor rouno started the car :-)))

There are a lot of small things thst are not perfect at that moment - but i am working.:-)))

some pics

post-5629-0-59628100-1311701855_thumb.jpeg

post-5629-0-64292500-1311701868_thumb.jpeg

post-5629-0-63880000-1311701889_thumb.jpeg

post-5629-0-51516500-1311701908_thumb.jpeg

post-5629-0-59628100-1311701855_thumb.jpeg

post-5629-0-64292500-1311701868_thumb.jpeg

post-5629-0-63880000-1311701889_thumb.jpeg

post-5629-0-51516500-1311701908_thumb.jpeg

Beautiful car, Thomas. You must be very proud. What a fine Le Mans tradition you have continued! I lived in Graz for a year but never saw a TR!

Dan

hello Dan

yes i am very proud it was the day of all days in my classic car live and i am now collecting for over 30 years.

This car is very special to me as it came into my hands very luky but also the restoration cost me tons of nerves (and money)

There ars some TR´s driving in Graz but you see them not often on the road

Greetings Thoma

Indeed a beautiful creation of a excellent works TR, with an exceptional nice interior pattern !

With compliments - Raymond

Hello Raymond

Thank´s

Yes these pattern is exeptional I made it this way as we found some pieces like this in the car when it came to me in very very poor condition with lots of parts missing

luky that all special Le mans parts (exept the 4 dunlop disc brakes) where on the car

greetings Thomas

Last weekend saw the first outing of the newly restored PKV 376 in the classic racing car parade at the Ennstal Classic. Driven by Rauno Aaltonen the owner is in the passenger seat. Let's hope we can see the car in the UK in the not too distant future.

Link here

here are some more pics

https://picasaweb.google.com/105305987606257871986/TR2LeMansPKV376?authkey=Gv1sRgCP674ZeNt9bO2QE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice to see.

Is the horn push with the shield badge genuine for the car....

I have a NOS horn push assembly with such a badge in my garage - Never did figure out where it came from

- If it is correct for such a rare car as a factory competition TR, does any one out there want to buy it to complete their restoration/fake? -

Any ideas Alec?

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Hi Peter,

I'm not sure if it's original or not - I suspect is is probably pukka.

There are not many contemporary shots of the interiors of the works cars - but I have in the past noted that at least a couple of works cars, and a Motor Show car, have a badge of some description in place of the normal plain horn push. The photos were not sufficiently large to show clear enough detail to be certain, but my impression was that it was a shield badge.

Bill P, John S or John A might know for definite ?

Cheers,

Alec

I hope to see another TR2 in BRG with a yellow rad surround next year at CLM, driven by a French forumite with a special Le Mans badge,

which was once my car, I cant wait.

Edited by pfenlon