at the end of Spa2 I overtake an exotic car - a Ferrari 250 SWB.

When ever you get a chance to beat a Ferrari? :D

Great viewing - thanks.

Just wondering, though - do you deliberately hold back in

qualifying just so you can blast past all the other cars?

AlanR

Just wondering, though - do you deliberately hold back in

qualifying just so you can blast past all the other cars?

I'm sorry that my English is not good enough to get what you mean, so I try to guess.

The videos were taken at my first ride at Spa at free practice session were I tried to get familiar with the track I've never driven before.

It was very surprising for me to see that I could slip past of most of the other cars.

And the drivers of the other cars were also surprised about my speed as they had a close look at my car after that ride.

But to be honest - not everybody was at full speed when I passed them.

Later the video the Mustang flew past me.

The Porsche that overtook me was a 1969 ST with 240 HP.

Watch out for my disappointment when I missed Eau Rouge :D I hate to drive imprecise.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by MadMarx

Chris - I watch these when not at work.

I have to get onm track at SPA soon. My TR4 is back on the road now (4.5 years since last race and car running), running it in now and even now Bonkers fast :)

I have to get onm track at SPA soon.

What do you think?

Is Spa good fun?

You should think about to have a go at 11-13 June.

Cheers

Chris

Whoa - what have you done to the car - it flys!

I'm saving pennies, may (if I have the funs at the end of the season do Barrys (but 50/50), building other car eats cash like you would not believe.

My 4 would be fantastic round there though.

Whoa - what have you done to the car - it flys!...

Na...it is doing okay but it definitely don't fly.

The laptime with 3:10 is okay for the first appearance there and a 158HP full steel panel car.

After that race I converted the body panels to plastic, hopped up the engine to 172 HP and use a different gearbox.

I would say I could come close to 3.05 min or less with the today car.

Cheers

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know TRR UK member James Owen who runs a dark blue TR5 race car ?

It's on tour down in Oz and I was looking over it today at a mate's who does race car preparation.

Nice unit.

Viv.

this one ?

9.jpg

From the other pics it is in with http://www.redlinephotographic.co.uk/cc_14609_2.html looks like it is HSCC series (they allow next to no mods to the cars)!! No Webbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Presume it looks in better shap than in the Middle picture from http://www.redlinephotographic.co.uk/cc_14609_2.html#thumb

Edited by jellison

That's the machine.

Still on PI - no Webers.

The owner was in New Zealand, but apparently it's off down to Tasmania soon to do the 20th anniversary Targa Tasmania rally.

Mate Geoff, who races Australia's fastest TR2, did some tuning and preparation work on it.

Small world, isn't it !.

Viv.

What psi / bar are you using cold?

----------------------------------

HSCC would be great if they allowed webbers - as you can basically do what you like inside (well who is gonna check!), if you go all steel full race you might as well go the last bit and make the lump as fast as it can be.

Yep small world - Chris Burburys TR5 (looks rough) but is full steel race lump just running on the Pi, is very fast. Have to have std dampers and all steel panels too - which is frankly just weird (i.e. v.heavy).

Yes know James Owens TR5 well, the car is looking much better than the pics from castle combe!!

it competed in the phillip island event and now all ready for the targa!!

you can follow his adventure on here............

http://tr5aus.blogspot.com/

Tom

Thanks Tom - glad to read that local TRR members, in addition to Geoff K, could lend James support at the Phillip Island Historic meeting. Unfortunately I couldn't attend this year to join in the fun.

We have quite a few TR's racing, but no TR5's among them, so James' car would have attracted great interest.

Hopefully other TRR friends in Tasmania will make themselves known, in case he needs any assistance while down there.

Regards,

Viv.

Yes know James Owens TR5 well, the car is looking much better than the pics from castle combe!!

it competed in the phillip island event and now all ready for the targa!!

you can follow his adventure on here............

http://tr5aus.blogspot.com/

Tom

Thanks for putting that link up. fascinating reading.

Good of him to go to the trouble of putting all the info up in amongst all the other stuff he has to do to keep the car going.

Thanks for putting that link up. fascinating reading.

Good of him to go to the trouble of putting all the info up in amongst all the other stuff he has to do to keep the car going.

Thisnk this needs to be in a fresh thread now - rather than HiJacking Chris's Spa one.