The season begins for many of us at snetterton on 10 th April,classic sports car meeting.We will i beleave have spare tickets as will other TR drivers so if interested in coming along let us know.

ROY

The season begins for many of us at snetterton on 10 th April,classic sports car meeting.We will i beleave have spare tickets as will other TR drivers so if interested in coming along let us know.

ROY

Local circuit so any spare ticket would be gratefully received

thanks

john

All,

After the Donington debacle, this shows what can be done with a sensible idea of what is possible.

Motor Sport Vision, Jonathan Palmer's outfit, that runs several UK circuits has done a 'makeover' at Snetterton. More tarmac, that can be run as two seperate circuits, or one great big one, revised corners while keeping the best - Bomb Hole and Coram - and new, high spectating banks in Croft style.

And not a trench or tunnel across the track to be seen!

See: http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/files/SnettertonNames.pdf

Already very well received by the club racing crowd; see: http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2846673#post2846673

Normally I think of Snett as the other side of the planet, but I want to go there this year! With CSCC, chances on April 10th (I don't think I'll be ready)and Oct 22nd.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations to the team of TR4's which I beleive had a execelent result at Snetterton on Sunday. Roy Chamberlain taking overaul honours in the 4 cylinder race followed by Kevin Hatfield taking 2nd, Steve Chapman started from the back of the grid having had a problem in Qualifying and managed to make his way through the field to take a well deserved 3rd place.

Also Mark Cambell in his TR5 took the overaul honours in the 6 cylinder race unfortunately Alan Charlton TR6 could only finish in 10th having been shown a black flag by mistake and came into the pits to take a penalty only to find it was meant for someone else.

I wish I could have been there to give them a cheer. Well Done.

The new home of TR racing I think.

I can only agree with Mike. Well done to Roy Chamberlain for his outright win. Excellent start to the season for the TRs. Also we shouldn't forget that there were 2 Spitfires, Steve Adams and Andy Vowell, next up after the 3 TRs making it Triumphs in the first 5 places.

Dave McD

Still on the theme of TR successes at Snetterton, we should also note that Martin Adams had a good second place in his TR7 V8 in the Future Classics, he and the winner lapping the entire field.

Oh, and there was further good news with Jon Ellison winning at Brands Hatch in the Thoroughbred Sportscars race, now sadly lacking in many TRs following a series of disagreements with the organisers about the Regs covering our cars.

Dave McD

Mike - yes - to say Steve was a little irritated would be something of an understatement!!!But I think his blood pressure has just about returned to approx normal by now!!!

Edited by alan57

Thanks to Roy for the ticket, I made it on Sunday and took a few snaps. I hardly recognised the old place...... some work still to finish but looking very smart. An epic duel between Roy Chamberlain and Kevan Hadfield with the lead swapping a number of times....both ending the race with gearbox problems.... and a great fight back from Steve Chapman after bending a rockershaft and encountering a duff ruff rotor arm in qualifying....

a few unedited snaps here http://photobucket.com/snetterton0411

john