Just a heads up to anyone who is not awear that on bank holiday monday the swinging sixtys race series and the jigsaw triumph invatation race takes place, info i have 10 trs in the jigsaw + spits, heralds, gt6 etc with some entrants also involved with the swinging sixtys. Last 2 meetings have been great viewing and thease drivers deserve all the support they can get in keeping the marque alive in racing circles, so get your arse,s over to Mallory Park and enjoy a great day.

Patch

Just a heads up to anyone who is not awear that on bank holiday monday the swinging sixtys race series and the jigsaw triumph invatation race takes place, info i have 10 trs in the jigsaw + spits, heralds, gt6 etc with some entrants also involved with the swinging sixtys. Last 2 meetings have been great viewing and thease drivers deserve all the support they can get in keeping the marque alive in racing circles, so get your arse,s over to Mallory Park and enjoy a great day.

Patch

If DC is out to play I will be there ;)

Hee's the full grid,as published:

Class 1, -1150cc

Alistair Pugh, Spitfire ADU 1B, No. 50

Class 2, 1151-1400cc

Jeff Handley, Spitfire, No.59

Andy Vowell, Spitfire Mk3, No.150

Class 3, 1401 - 1650cc

Ian Percival, Herald coupe, No.74

Class 4, 1651 - 2000

Geoff Macrill, Vitesse, No.33

Clive Gimson, GT6 MkII, No.56

Chris Edwards, GT6, No.68

Celia Stevens, Peerless, No.99

Class 5, over 2001cc

Mark Campbell TR5, No.1

Dave Bailey, TR4, No. 10

Rob Cowing, TR6, No. 16

Edwin Driver, TR6, No.21

Nick Marsh, TR4 No. 25

Dominic Spicer, TR5, No. 51

Neil Revington, Tr5, No.66

John Davies, Vitesse, No. 75

Dave McDonald, TR6, No. 78

Jeff Hooper, Tr6, No. 83

Rob Roodhouse, TR6, No.90

John

Fantastic day out, some really good close racing across the whole day. Highlight being Mark Campbell in the TR5 who deserves a medal for winning the 40 min race, then swapping his broken diff in less than half an hour and back out again to win the Triumph race.

Well done to all! Ps I don't think the driver of that Dino will be sleeping too well tonight after rolling _over_ the tyre wall! Yikes!

We all want to send our thanks for such an excellent race, and our very best wishes to Mark Field of Jigsaw, who was too ill to come along, and to Jo.

Back on your feet soon, Big Man!

JOhn

Hi Guys

Well if you wernt there, you should have been. Yet another excellent day and Jigsaw Invatation Race. A big slap on the back to all paticipants ( except Mark Camball cos it would hurt him ),graet banter in the pits.

Congratulations to Mark Camball on his wins ,great driving in a stunning car and well done Dave Mac after all the trails and tribulations onwards and upwards after the second place in the Jigsaw.

Hope all got home ok, I had a spirited journey there and back ( 2 hours each way ) with no speedo so expecting a letter in the post soon. Neil has a novel method now of engaging overdrive ,which can be a bit hairy at times but is looking for sponsers to perfect the method, it involves driving over the cats eyes and shouting Get in you bast@@d I dont think it will catch on personnaly.

Patch

Great work by the Mallory Park team and the CSCC to keep the meeting on track after such a momentous accident with the Dino....well done and thanks to Mark and Jo for laying on another great race for us....best race of the year for me so far.

Thanks to all the TR supporters that made the effort to come along and watch...it really is much appreciated...(it should be noted that we even had a presence from a chap from Australia who races a TR6 and GT6 over there, both hugely developed cars)...roll on Jigsaw 2011!

If anyone has any pics or vid clips then please let us know.

Cheers

Rob

I agree well done to Mark especially his 2 pit crew i thought that to change a diff in 20 to 25 mins was an impossible task but they did it,hats of to them.But the highlight fo the race was the battle between Rob Cowing & Dave McDonald they were as close as one car length for the whole race changing places and i beleave no contact up to 1 1/2 laps from the flag when Rob had to let him by as his engine went sick thus depriving us of an amazing finish,who would it have been?no idea.

Ther was also a close 3way fight going on detween the standard engined TR6 &TR5s of Eddie Driver,Neil Revington & Dominic Spicer which i bet they enjoyed.well done to them and all others who took part.Get well soon Mark.

Roy Chamberlain

I agree well done to Mark especially his 2 pit crew i thought that to change a diff in 20 to 25 mins was an impossible task but they did it,hats of to them.But the highlight fo the race was the battle between Rob Cowing & Dave McDonald they were as close as one car length for the whole race changing places and i beleave no contact up to 1 1/2 laps from the flag when Rob had to let him by as his engine went sick thus depriving us of an amazing finish,who would it have been?no idea.

Ther was also a close 3way fight going on detween the standard engined TR6 &TR5s of Eddie Driver,Neil Revington & Dominic Spicer which i bet they enjoyed.well done to them and all others who took part.Get well soon Mark.

Roy Chamberlain

Neil indeed had a great race, I was there as his support, not that it was needed, fortunately the car went through the day without a hitch, which was good seeing as the engine had just been rebuilt a few days prior. My duties fell more to photographing and videoing. I hope to get these cut into some kind of montage for our next newsletter. Well not the next one, that's just about to be sent out, but the next next one :) So look out for it!

http://www.revingtontr.com/shop/collection_display.asp?CID=1097

post-6300-052026300 1283356933_thumb.jpg

post-6300-068657000 1283356945_thumb.jpg

Neil indeed had a great race, I was there as his support, not that it was needed, fortunately the car went through the day without a hitch, which was good seeing as the engine had just been rebuilt a few days prior. My duties fell more to photographing and videoing. I hope to get these cut into some kind of montage for our next newsletter. Well not the next one, that's just about to be sent out, but the next next one :) So look out for it!

http://www.revingtontr.com/shop/collection_display.asp?CID=1097

Did I miss something here?

Just like to add my thanks to Mark and Jo Field for an amazing job well done in organising the 3rd Jigsaw Triumph race. They propbably made a slight loss this year but inspite of that and poor Mark being very ill they are planning a possible second race next year with perhaps a different interesting format at another good venue. They are quite the nicest people and remarkable in their enthusiam. I am sure all who raced at Mallory will continue to support them but anyone else out there with a racing TR, or Triumph based car who hasn't come out to play please do so and keep this super race going. Good luck and get well soon Mark, best wishes to Jo. Celia (had to race the Warwick as Peerless not ready!)

Just like to add my thanks to Mark and Jo Field for an amazing job well done in organising the 3rd Jigsaw Triumph race. They propbably made a slight loss this year but inspite of that and poor Mark being very ill they are planning a possible second race next year with perhaps a different interesting format at another good venue. They are quite the nicest people and remarkable in their enthusiam. I am sure all who raced at Mallory will continue to support them but anyone else out there with a racing TR, or Triumph based car who hasn't come out to play please do so and keep this super race going. Good luck and get well soon Mark, best wishes to Jo. Celia (had to race the Warwick as Peerless not ready!)

Is that Rob's Green 16 TR6?

If so the Scructineers must be Blind. It has to have a front cage (just get it done Rob).

Maybe I'll come along next year.

If so the Scructineers must be Blind. It has to have a front cage (just get it done Rob).

Don't you see, the man with the headphone looks the other direction. :-)

Check the Blue Book Jon.Page 194. You do not need a full rollcage now providing a line drawn from the top of the bulkhead to the top of the rollcage clears the drivers helmet. Having said that I still feel safer with a full rollcage.

Check the Blue Book Jon.Page 194. You do not need a full rollcage now providing a line drawn from the top of the bulkhead to the top of the rollcage clears the drivers helmet. Having said that I still feel safer with a full rollcage.

OK Mike. I'll take you word for it. Though do you really think that would be the case in Robs car, I can't see it, I think the line would be through his neck :)

Yep, I would not fancy racing without a front cage again.

Cheers

Jon

Edited by jellison