BMW ENGINE IN A 6

Last year there was a post showing an M5 BMW engine in a 6,it was parked in an imaculate air craft shed,dose anyone remember the link to this or how to revisit the artical. Have tried search but no joy

cheers ROY

Last year there was a post showing an M5 BMW engine in a 6,it was parked in an imaculate air craft shed,dose anyone remember the link to this or how to revisit the artical. Have tried search but no joy

cheers ROY

Here ya go Roy

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=16293&st=0&p=108788&fromsearch=1entry108788

Have to admit i like this one.

Cheers

Guy

Somehow I missed this topic when it first appeared, but what a car!

Totally awesome.

I have just searched Youtube to no avail. I would love to see and hear it.

Regards

Peter

Thanks Guy

it is even better than i remember! what a car.I shall be reading and looking at that for some time with envy. I can't wait for a back to back with the TR250/v8 which is at present being built especialy when the STIG gets his go

Here ya go Roy

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=16293&st=0&p=108788&fromsearch=1entry108788

Have to admit i like this one.

Cheers

Guy

This is the best B)

I genuinely wonder IF there is a market for TR6's re-engineered using a hertige shell and modern BMW 6 pot mechanicals? :D:D

All "new modern" TR6 for 21st century, priced at about £25K for an entry level I recon they would be very saleable ;)

This is the best B)

I genuinely wonder IF there is a market for TR6's re-engineered using a hertige shell and modern BMW 6 pot mechanicals? :D:D

All "new modern" TR6 for 21st century, priced at about £25K for an entry level I recon they would be very saleable ;)

Try double that Shezbo B)

What a stunner.Just love it, just love it.Now I wonder what a M3 engine would cost???plus a TR6 to convert. Now I have a hard on!!!

Regards HarryTR5Nutter.

Link will be invalid soon, but it can already give you an idea. The conversion would cost more than the cost of the engine and gearbox alone, but when a set of forged rods, pistons, crankshaft and triple Webers are more than 4000 euro already, I'd know what to do :D

Edited by TR4AIRS

Not as far as I know, but I have pictures somewhere of one with a Supra turbo in there (not mine I hasten to add).

DSCN2356.jpg

DSCN2210.jpg

Long and heavy but oodles of power. 700hp on stock internals.

Alan a mate of a mate has a Supra Turbo with 600 BHP it has been totally reliable and moves the big lump of a Toyota around really really quickly :huh: I think your engine conv will provide enough "fun" though B)