Anybody Know Gerald?

Hey Folks,

Do any of you know Gerald Blas, in Worcester?

I wired him funds for a wire wheel on Thursday, Octover 1st. He was going to pick up the funds on Monday, and then contact me. I haven't heard from him and am getting a little antsy. He is an old-timer (74), like me, so maybe he forgot.

He can be contacted at +447031928794. I don't know how your phone numbers work over there. If one of you could give him a buzz, I would be happy to reimburse you for your long-distance (trunk?) call.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Folks,

Do any of you know Gerald Blas, in Worcester?

I wired him funds for a wire wheel on Thursday, Octover 1st. He was going to pick up the funds on Monday, and then contact me. I haven't heard from him and am getting a little antsy. He is an old-timer (74), like me, so maybe he forgot.

He can be contacted at +447031928794. I don't know how your phone numbers work over there. If one of you could give him a buzz, I would be happy to reimburse you for your long-distance (trunk?) call.

Thanks in advance.

Hi George

I tried it in all permutations for you and alas not recognized

It looks like a mobile number but the reply you get is "Sorry this number is permanently barred" Strange!

Stuart.

Hi Stuart

It is maybe he got one number wrong

Hmm well that would give about 6 million permutations before getting the right one! :lol:

Stuart.

George,

I really don't mean the following pun but, this has a dreadful ring to it.

Why would Gerald, or anyone else for that matter, want to sell a wire wheel for so little, and ship it to Texas from the UK?

Hopefully, I am being far too cynical for my own good.

However, are you able to recall your funds?

David

George,

I really don't mean the following pun but, this has a dreadful ring to it.

Why would Gerald, or anyone else for that matter, want to sell a wire wheel for so little, and ship it to Texas from the UK?

Hopefully, I am being far too cynical for my own good.

However, are you able to recall your funds?

David

George

If as you said the chap is 74 years old maybe needs a bit of latitude and George you will have his bank details

Edited by ntc

I googled good old Gerald Blas (unusual name for UK?) .....he seems to have some calipers for sale too.......

Hi,

My name is Gerald and am from the united Kingdom.I saw your wanted advert over the internet and i still have for sale in a mint condition.Please get back to me on geraldblas008@yahoo.com or you can simply reach me on +447031928794.

Thanks

Gerald

19 Angel St , Worcester , Worcestershire WR1 3QT, England .

john

Thanks, Guys.

I will wait a week before I take any action. I am a little less concerned, although his bad phone number is not a good sign. According to Western Union, the funds were picked up only YESTERDAY, instead of Monday. So, I will cut him some slack here, and hope to hear from him today or tomorrow.

About the only recourse I would have on something like this is to have Western Union flag his name, as a deadbeat, and warn future wirers of money.

Again, thanks for the quick response, and I hope to receive my British wire wheel soon.

Even down here in Texas, you Brits would feel right at home. It has rained for a week, and it looks like another week also. Of course, the temperature is in the mid 80s. Don't ask me how it can be raining and the temperature be 86º !

Thanks, Guys.

I will wait a week before I take any action. I am a little less concerned, although his bad phone number is not a good sign. According to Western Union, the funds were picked up only YESTERDAY, instead of Monday. So, I will cut him some slack here, and hope to hear from him today or tomorrow.

About the only recourse I would have on something like this is to have Western Union flag his name, as a deadbeat, and warn future wirers of money.

Again, thanks for the quick response, and I hope to receive my British wire wheel soon.

Even down here in Texas, you Brits would feel right at home. It has rained for a week, and it looks like another week also. Of course, the temperature is in the mid 80s. Don't ask me how it can be raining and the temperature be 86º !

I fear you have been conned, ebay etc advise never use Western Union. The UK number would have dropped the first zero....... so not traceble

070 Phone Number Benefits...

You NEVER need to change your phone number ever again

Day to day and time scale call diversion is available

070 Numbers keep your personal numbers private

Only 1 phone number is needed to advertise making it clearer and cheaper

Ideal for businesses with high staff turnover as 070 numbers can be easily re-routed

ACCORDING TO ROYAL MAIL NUMBER 19 IS NOT THERE:

1, Angel Street, WORCESTER, WR1 3QT

3, Angel Street, WORCESTER, WR1 3QT

7-9, Angel Street, WORCESTER, WR1 3QT

Efes Kebab House, 5, Angel Street, WORCESTER, WR1 3QT

R M A Hairdressing, 10, Angel Street, WORCESTER, WR1 3QT

Robert Taylor Hairdressing, 13, Angel Street, WORCESTER, WR1 3QT

Shakeeys, 11, Angel Street, WORCESTER, WR1 3QT

Somerfield Stores, 8, Angel Street, WORCESTER, WR1 3QT

The Cricketers, 6, Angel Street, WORCESTER, WR1 3QT

The Horn & Trumpet, 12, Angel Street, WORCESTER, WR1 3QT

The Mine, 1a, Angel Street, WORCESTER, WR1 3QT

'74 year old gerald' is also into skydiving ripoffs too.....

You might also want to see this :angry:http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classified...gi?ID=83376;d=1

john

Edited by johnny250

This was the follow up to 'Gerald's post re caliper's on www.race-cars.com that John quoted

"I only live a couple of miles away and would like to come and see the calipers, but your address didnt come through as correct. Could you please confirm it"

Gerald's post being 26 Sept and this post the following day . . . . surprise surprise, no reply from 'Gerald' !

Sounds like a con, looks like a con, smells like a con.

Angel Street is a very short secondary shopping street in Worcester, by the way.

Never ever send money Western Union. Only crooks use it.

Sympathies !

Alec

Well, thanks for the poop. I really didn't have this $130 to lose, but it is better than losing $230. So be it.

My story was about the same: he didn't have a digital camera, so could not provide any photos. What I don't understand is, if this guy has pulled this over and over from the same Western Union pickup point, why the hell hasn't a detective picked him up?

I will contact Western Union tomorrow, and provide them the information I have. Needless to say, I hope the son-of-a-whore dies a long, slow, agonizing death.

Damn, I was counting on that wheel.

Merci beaucoup, mes amis.

Edited by TR3BGeorge

Seems like an elaborate way to scam as mere $130 (assuming it is a scam), but maybe he gets away with repeat offences as the amounts are too small for the victims to bother reporting - not to mention the embarrassment of admitting they have been scammed.

Good luck if you do pursue it George, but I doubt you'll see your money or wheel, and 'Gerald' will metamorphose with yet another alias - it costs nothing to register as an eBay seller with any name you fancy.

These Cu**s are laughing at us all the way from the bank.....

There must be ways of tracking him from his email i.p. address and his Western Union details even if false? Shout loudly to the police and W/U George. This bloke seems to be mainly advertising in USA and hoping that at a distance, no-one can chase him up.

john

Edited by allenforster

Hi Brian,

it's suprising the small sums that people will try and rip off.

Back in 89 I went ot see a 4A rolling chassis and bare tub at Matching Green Essex, left a £50 deposit.

The seller was to deliver the lump and get paid.

Suprise suprise he never showed. He answered all my calls for about three months with loads of cock & bull stories.

I eventually found his address and paid a visit - he had recently done a runner back to east Europe.

I spoke to a neighbour who added the rest of the story.

He had sold this car to dozens of people getting various amounts from each but never parting with the car.

Beware of Howard Coss - theiving bu99er.

Roger

Well, thanks for the poop. I really didn't have this $130 to lose, but it is better than losing $230. So be it.

My story was about the same: he didn't have a digital camera, so could not provide any photos. What I don't understand is, if this guy has pulled this over and over from the same Western Union pickup point, why the hell hasn't a detective picked him up?

I will contact Western Union tomorrow, and provide them the information I have. Needless to say, I hope the son-of-a-whore dies a long, slow, agonizing death.

Damn, I was counting on that wheel.

Merci beaucoup, mes amis.

George, PM me with your needs. I have a few wire wheels that might fit your needs.

Frank

Seems like an elaborate way to scam as mere $130 (assuming it is a scam), but maybe he gets away with repeat offences as the amounts are too small for the victims to bother reporting - not to mention the embarrassment of admitting they have been scammed.

Good luck if you do pursue it George, but I doubt you'll see your money or wheel, and 'Gerald' will metamorphose with yet another alias - it costs nothing to register as an eBay seller with any name you fancy.

Brian: I was about to post similar comments. Why go through all of the trouble? However, we live in very tough times and even $130 is better than no loaf at all - if you are desperate! Too bad for George, but caveat emptor is a hackneyed but valid response.

I hope this jerk is rooted out and punished. Now that I think of it, he may be reading this post later today. creepy! :angry:

Edited by angelfj

Well, first, thanks for all your concern and your sympathy cards.

The plot thickens: I contacted Western Union first thing this morning, who bumped me to a phone number in Mexico. (NOT a good sign.) The phone connection was bad, and English was not this person's forté. However, she had a good attitude, which is all I can ask for. Basically, Western Union could give a tinker's dammn.

They want me to contact my local police, fill out a complaint, then have them contact a number at Western Union, and Western Union will give them all the information that I already gave them. Then, my local police are to contact the Worcester Police (remember, this is over $130). I cannot imagine this happening, AND I AM RETIRED LAW ENFORCEMENT!

So, I will head for my local police office this morning, after my appointment with my cardiologist. This is a shame, as this guy could probably be caught very easily. WU in Worcester should have security cameras. This guy picked up the money Wednesday at 7:17 EST, so a photo of him should be easy. Then, the local police can find him and knock him in the head.

So, I am back to looking for a wheel. Someone on here, or my other forum, told me that Moss is running a special on wire wheels, at $25 (misprint?). I just called Moss, who told me to start breaking the Prozacs in half.

Onward and upward.

Edited by allenforster

George - You have to be careful with Frank. Rememebr his name ends with an "i". We were one looking for a new chief financial officer and one of the requirements for the job concerned "collections" and the name of the winning candidate had to end with an "i". Something about bankers from Sicily I seem to remember.

• 1 month later...

Hi Tr Friends,

As I'm still looking for some parts to complete my tr2. I have put a advertisement on the forum.

Some one called Gerald Blas sent my a e-mail that he had the part in a mint condition and wanted to sell to me.

I asked for a picture and the price... he couldn't sent a picture and wanted to be paid by Western union.

After talking to a friend on the forum I heard about this name....

I'm very lucky to be warned not to do business.

So all the others on the forum be careful!!!!!

By the way his adress has changed from Worcester to Blackpool

Regards

Remo Frederiks

The Netherlands

Hi Tr Friends,

As I'm still looking for some parts to complete my tr2. I have put a advertisement on the forum.

Some one called Gerald Blas sent my a e-mail that he had the part in a mint condition and wanted to sell to me.

I asked for a picture and the price... he couldn't sent a picture and wanted to be paid by Western union.

After talking to a friend on the forum I heard about this name....

I'm very lucky to be warned not to do business.

So all the others on the forum be careful!!!!!

By the way his adress has changed from Worcester to Blackpool

Regards

Remo Frederiks

The Netherlands

Remo, do I understand you correctly? You put a WTB on the the sales pages of the forum? And he replied? I'm pretty sure one has to be signed in before he's able to reply. So, my question... (and we all know what's coming): is he somehow connected to the forum?

Menno