This Blessed Plot, ........ This England

Hey Folks,

I have been trying to obtain a 60-spoke wheel, either painted or chromed, for my spare tire compartment, since July. To no avail. :(

So, as a last resort, I posted to Craigslist, locally (Dallas-Fort Worth only). Lo and behold, I receive an email from a gentleman in Worcester, Worcestershire, who will sell me a near-mint-condition chrome wheel for less than one-half of what a new one from Dayton or TRF or Moss would charge me, including freight. :lol:

I don't want to jinx this transaction, as I have not received the wheel yet, but I wanted to take this opportunity to put in a good word for our friends on the big island. You folks would be PERFECT if you could just lose that accent !! ;)

Thank you, England !!

When I used to go to America the ladies used to ask me to talk to them because they loved the english accent

this was before my second marriage.

George you could have started something now Mate!

Hope the wheel fits.

I can recall my old History Master Mr Chesters saying that the worst thing that ever happened to America was getting their independance from us! :lol:

I don't know, Pete. What would you Brits do with Dolly Parton?

You folks would be PERFECT if you could just lose that accent !! ;)

Hey George. Considering where you live that's really the pot calling the kettle black!!!

:P

But George only recently moved to Texas. He's not from there, nor is he like other Texans. For example, he does not have a rifle rack with two shot-guns in full sight across the rear window of either his Miata, nor his TR3B.

George is from Maryland, one of the early British colonies. The land of William and Mary. How British can his roots be ?

Hey Don, thanks for clearing that up. ;)

However, I feel that I MUST come to Dolly's defense, after Dave's post. She is NOT siliconed! She is all Dolly. Her little sister is bigger than she is! :rolleyes: Must be something in that Tennessee water. Her sister's act is to crawl onto the stage and try to stand up. Dolly has a great quote, "It takes alot of money to look this cheap." :P

Don, William and Mary are more a Virginia thing, I think. Maryland was Lord Baltimore's crowd, who were clearly up to no good.

Anecdote for my European friends: Years ago, as a teenager with my first car, a 58 TR3A, I got a flat tire. I pulled over to the side of the country road and got out to change it, close to a tall chain-link fence with a sign that indicated that this was the state insane asylum. As I started to change the flat, an inmate wandered over by the fence and watched me.

I loosened the 4 lugnuts, then jacked up the car. I took the lugnuts off and put them in the hubcap so that they would not roll away. I took off the flat and put the spare on. Putting on the spare, I lost my balance and kicked the hubcap over, and all 4 nuts went down into the storm drain, lost forever. Woe is me. I sat down on the curb and held my head in my hands. The guy from the other side of the fence said, "Why don't you take one nut off of each wheel and put them on, then you would have 3 nuts on each wheel."

I was amazed! I said, "What an engenious idea! What are you doing in an insane asylum?" He said, "I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid."

Amazing story George, plus being a real one.

Hope I'm not lowering the tone by telling an old one that isn't true.

it concerned a farmer who lived next door the the nut house; one day when he was fertilising his strawberries a head and hands appeared at the top of the adjoining wall, like Foo, and the head said 'excuse me what are YOU doing?'

The farmer replied 'I'm putting cow manure on my strawberries.'

The head said ' gee! We put cream on ours.'

However, I feel that I MUST come to Dolly's defense, after Dave's post. She is NOT siliconed! She is all Dolly. Her little sister is bigger than she is! :rolleyes: Must be something in that Tennessee water. Her sister's act is to crawl onto the stage and try to stand up. Dolly has a great quote, "It takes alot of money to look this cheap." :P

Don, William and Mary are more a Virginia thing, I think. Maryland was Lord Baltimore's crowd, who were clearly up to no good.

Anecdote for my European friends: Years ago, as a teenager with my first car, a 58 TR3A, I got a flat tire. I pulled over to the side of the country road and got out to change it, close to a tall chain-link fence with a sign that indicated that this was the state insane asylum. As I started to change the flat, an inmate wandered over by the fence and watched me.

I loosened the 4 lugnuts, then jacked up the car. I took the lugnuts off and put them in the hubcap so that they would not roll away. I took off the flat and put the spare on. Putting on the spare, I lost my balance and kicked the hubcap over, and all 4 nuts went down into the storm drain, lost forever. Woe is me. I sat down on the curb and held my head in my hands. The guy from the other side of the fence said, "Why don't you take one nut off of each wheel and put them on, then you would have 3 nuts on each wheel."

I was amazed! I said, "What an engenious idea! What are you doing in an insane asylum?" He said, "I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid."

George

I read somewhere recently where Dolly admitted that it was NOT all her. Maybe that is why her own saying is that" It takes a lot of money to look this cheap" maybe it's the cost of all that silicon!

Do you remember years ago a woman on English television called SABRINA? she had the same size assets, and probably the same size feet as well, as nothing grows in the shade!

As for your other topic, if you had wire wheels then that would not have happened!

Dave

George

I read somewhere recently where Dolly admitted that it was NOT all her. Maybe that is why her own saying is that" It takes a lot of money to look this cheap" maybe it's the cost of all that silicon!

Do you remember years ago a woman on English television called SABRINA? she had the same size assets, and probably the same size feet as well, as nothing grows in the shade!

As for your other topic, if you had wire wheels then that would not have happened!

Dave

Any TR enthusiast will have heard of Sabrina!!

Regards

Peter

I Googled Sabrina years ago. IIRC, she actually DID have talent!

But, my favorite Brit export would still be Diana Dors, who was alot prettier than Sabrina. IIRC, she passed away years ago. Her real last name was Fluck, which the film industry obviously had her change. She went back to her old home town to help open some festival, and the local vicar was very unnerved about having to pronounce her last name. Then, he introduced her as "Diana Clunt."

Epilog: I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the first conversation between the vicar and his archbishop.

But, I digress. I apologize: this is supposed to be a Triumph TR2/3/3A/3B forum

George: First of all allow me to apologize for ribbing you. However, this group is known for giving each other a wind-up! But since you do live there NOW, I guess you realize that you'll be expected to buy a "pea-cup" truck. Actually, I wish I had one at times. These trips to HD and Lowes really tear up the SUV.

Between this forum and the BCF, these guys know everything about TR's.

Frank

George

Dave

Bloody hell Dave how old are you, but Sabrina did have huge Carbs I remember! and didnt speak!!! what a woman.

Edited by pfenlon
Bloody hell Dave how old are you, but Sabrina did have huge Carbs I remember! and didnt speak!!! what a woman.

Hi Peter

A cool 71 in 2 weeks time. Seeings you remember her so well, do you remember Arthur Askey on his show walking about with a tape measure in his hand?

To keep things TR we went to a regular meeting of Club TR Register - España last weekend to meet some of the Madrid crowd. I did 450miles in my TR3A, my friend Andy did 521 miles, but Lew topped out at 614 miles in a Grinnall TR7.

Dave