Pressure relief valve - diaphragm type

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a diaphragm type prv (like the prestige one) instead of a shuttle type.

apparentely they eliminate resonance for the bosch fuel pump conversion.

I didn't really want to pay the prestige price of £87 ish

T.I.A.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a diaphragm type prv (like the prestige one) instead of a shuttle type.

apparentely they eliminate resonance for the bosch fuel pump conversion.

I didn't really want to pay the prestige price of £87 ish

T.I.A.

Hi interesting to see that these ones you talk about stop the resonance, i would be interested in finding out about where i could get one also, i guess it`d be ok for my TR6 ? perhaps you`d let me know,

Many thanks

Greg.

Hi interesting to see that these ones you talk about stop the resonance, i would be interested in finding out about where i could get one also, i guess it`d be ok for my TR6 ?

Malcolm (Prestige) fitted one in my TR6 at the same time he rebuilt everything else and fitted the Bosch pump.

Ivor

Malcolm (Prestige) fitted one in my TR6 at the same time he rebuilt everything else and fitted the Bosch pump.

Ivor

Does it it work then ???
Does it it work then ???

Yes. Although any resonance would have to be pretty loud to drown the general mechanical brouhaha.

Ivor

• 4 weeks later...
I have one of these on my TR6, it's standard for EFI engines. You find them for a fixed pressure or adjustable. Mine is from Malpassi.

Hi Jean,

I have a Prestige one, which actualy looks identical to the Malpassi.

Malpassi make several versions dependant on what is required

Support your Tr Suppliers in these times, agreed Dennis

Regards

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal

Guy, I always do my best, although it's sometimes difficult :(

p.s. : My Malpassi regulator came from Revington with the whole EFI system......... don't ask me how much I paid ;) including rolling road and 2 trips to UK

but for me it's worth it :rolleyes:

Hi Jean,

I have a Prestige one, which actualy looks identical to the Malpassi.

Malpassi make several versions dependant on what is required

Support your Tr Suppliers in these times, agreed Dennis

Regards

Guy

+1

Chris, serial PI owner, Malcolm support team member :P

Hello.

The diaphragm PRV is a great bit of kit. It works more like a pressure regulator does, and it is adjustable (for correct pressure) without the need to remove, as you have to with the old Lucas PRV. The prices of these seem to vary. I bought mine from Prestige Injection, and it has the correct high pressure fittings to bolt-on and ready to go. I think for £100 or so to your door is worth every penny.

Hello.

The diaphragm PRV is a great bit of kit. It works more like a pressure regulator does, and it is adjustable (for correct pressure) without the need to remove, as you have to with the old Lucas PRV. The prices of these seem to vary. I bought mine from Prestige Injection, and it has the correct high pressure fittings to bolt-on and ready to go. I think for £100 or so to your door is worth every penny.

Hi Lee

Heres a picture of mine.,from Prestige.

DSC04507.jpg

DSC04505.jpg

Ialways thought it was adjustable, but have no idea how?

Can you shed light on this one?

Cheers

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal
Hi Lee

Cheers

Guy

Hello Guy.

To adjust you unscrew the gold coloured nut next to the small air pipe, and underneath there's a adjusting screw and a locknut. To adjust undo the locknut and turn the screw. Clockwise for more pressure to metering unit, and anti clockwise for less pressure (more flow back to tank). Very easy.

Here's a picture of my PRV with cover nut removed, top right of picture:

DSC00090-3.jpg

Hi Lee

Heres a picture of mine.,from Prestige.

DSC04507.jpg

DSC04505.jpg

Cheers

Guy

[/quoteCan you fit this in the same place as the original without any alterations to trim etc?

also what are your views on this in the original TR5 chassis mounting bracket re heat from the exhaust.

ROY

[/quoteCan you fit this in the same place as the original without any alterations to trim etc?

also what are your views on this in the original TR5 chassis mounting bracket re heat from the exhaust.

ROY

Hi Roy

Will fit in original position alongside tank in a Tr6 without the need for any mods to trim.

Can comment on Tr5 chassis mounting bracket, never actualy looked at that one.

Cheers

Guy