Hi all,

Yesterday, my TR received the APK certificate (MoT) for two years. Although the car was ready in November, I didn't use it until yesterday because of the salt on the roads. After a weekend with lots of rain, I decided that it was time to get the car out for a spin.

I drove about 25 miles yesterday. At first, the car pulled to the left when braking. Later, this disappeared. The engine started pinking under accelleration but with some tinkering with the distributor, this also went away.

I've planned a 60 miles trip later this week. On Saturday, I will check all things again: suspension, cilinder head bolts etc. Alan has drawn up a checklist with all sorts of items we're going to check in Henk's workshop.

Pictures later this week.

Menno

Well done Menno, I bet it will take you weeks to get the smile off your face ;)

Stuart.

Great stuff. Grin may well be permanent!! :lol:

Ah...spring is sprung in the world of TR's

Menno this is dissapointing.

Always your threads are accompanied by quality photographs and to Omit them on this momentouse occasion is unforgiveable.

We must assume you were so exited that you forgot the camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

well done, its fun isnt it.

Menno this is dissapointing. Always your threads are accompanied by quality photographs and to Omit them on this momentouse occasion is unforgiveable. We must assume you were so exited that you forgot the camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 well done, its fun isnt it.

Peter

If Menno drove the way our car were intended then I'm sure there were enough cameras about to take pictures of his exploits......Menno will no doubt get copies in the post!! :lol:

Menno

Congratulations. I remember the first time I drove TRK after the rebuild following its 12 years in hibernation - not much beats it!

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith
Hi all,

Yesterday, my TR received the APK certificate (MoT) for two years. Although the car was ready in November, I didn't use it until yesterday because of the salt on the roads. After a weekend with lots of rain, I decided that it was time to get the car out for a spin.

I drove about 25 miles yesterday. At first, the car pulled to the left when braking. Later, this disappeared. The engine started pinking under accelleration but with some tinkering with the distributor, this also went away.

I've planned a 60 miles trip later this week. On Saturday, I will check all things again: suspension, cilinder head bolts etc. Alan has drawn up a checklist with all sorts of items we're going to check in Henk's workshop.

Pictures later this week.

Menno

Menno, This is wonderful news! But, I am so jealous. :P I can't wait for the photos.