SOS on NOS

Guys,

Silly question I know but just want to check before I buy

When something is advertised NOS does this stand for New Old Stock - i.e.original but new

Or have I got it wrong

Regards

New Old Stock indeed is supposed to be original parts that may be 40 years old (hence the Old part) but have never been used and are probably in the original packaging (hence the New part). A term that is often abused on eBay.

Stan

New Old Stock indeed is supposed to be original parts that may be 40 years old (hence the Old part) but have never been used and are probably in the original packaging (hence the New part). A term that is often abused on eBay.

Stan

Cheers Stan

Watch out for the misleading term used by some!!

"BRAND NEW OLD STOCK" :blink:

It cant be both!!!

Its either brand new "normally a reproduction part often of inferior quality".

OR

Its new old stock "an original genuine unused part".

Some parts are being remade today using the original tooling from years ago,but the quality of the materials used has to be good,at least up to the standards of the originals!!

Best ask some relevant questions of the seller if you are at all unsure of the item being sold!!!

AND PLEASE REMEMBER there is no such thing as NOS tyres, that is, if you want to live very long!!!

What about old tyres inflate with Nitrous Oxyde ? :P:lol:

Sorry, I'm already outside......

I credit ebay for the access I've had to genuine NOS stuff, the following list of which I got for my '250 showcar:

Crank pulley and damper assy

Front side lights

Triple Weber DCOE 18 carbs ( plus another set of 3 x 40DCOE 2 )

PCV valves

Glass topped AC fuel pump

Wiper wheelbox

Washer bottle/ pump assy

Starter solenoid

Wingard door mirror ( not ebay )

seat belts w/ retractable holsters

speedometer

door latch assys

Amco luggage rack

radiator

hi/low beam foot dipswitch

Tail lamp assys

Besides these, I got ( used ) a Surrey top assy with alloy lid, an additional Surrey top steel lid, complete sets of gauges, (2) nice chrome valve covers, a top-notch P.I. air intake plenum ( an objet d'art for me ), several '250 magnetic fuel tank caps, 2 chrome/brass windscreen caps for Surrey top and lots more I don't recall now ;) Don't know how I could have done it B4 ebay... :huh: