Top TR5 for sale?

Hi just seen this car advertised:

It says it is concours....but poor pictures and advert description do not reveal too much..it is £33K however :rolleyes:

TR5's really do seem recession proof ;)

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C73178

Hi,

Yeah its mine.... thought you knew i had one ? why do you fancy one ?

Regards

Billy.

Sorry Billy no not aware :blink:

Could do with more info in the advert IMO :P

TR5's do look bullet proof..price wise ;)

As with anything at any time - the vendor can ask what they want - it is getting someone to pay the price that is the thing!!! ;)

Billy - Good luck selling it!

Best regards

If the rest of it is as nice as the interior and engine then should be a very nice car. Don't know about the UK but in France the prices of classic cars tend to be creeping up :unsure:

Concours is a very bold statement Bill! ;) ............I may be splitting hairs but the brake pipes don't look straight and uniform and the coil is mounted in the wrong place so that is surely a few points deducted by the concours judges? Oh - and the cardboard radiator shroud / intake is missing also..... :P

Come on Mark, what do you expect for £33k?! :P

Nice car Bill, hope you move it on.

Cheers

Andcrew

Billy

Well worth uploading the additional shots-BTW thanks for asking IF I would like the car....would I really want a step backwards at this late stage :P

Good luck-Marko and Billy...FYI....Royal Blue is so last year ;)

Shezbo

Concours is a very bold statement Bill! ;)

I wouldn't describe the one I have just sold as Concours and it had £65k spent on the restoration.

It was "mint" but the only real concours TR5 I have ever seen was the wedgewood blue one at Nutley Sports for £50k....

I may be splitting hairs but the brake pipes don't look straight and uniform and the coil is mounted in the wrong place so that is surely a few points deducted by the concours judges?

Oh - and the cardboard radiator shroud / intake is missing also.....

:P

What about the wing bead left unpainted :huh:

Tough to do seamlessly <_<

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp84/im...15L9-6-8012.jpg

What about the wing bead left unpainted :huh:

Tough to do seamlessly <_<

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp84/im...15L9-6-8012.jpg

Thanks for all your kind comments ect, i dont really need to sell the car, its just that i want to free up a garage, and its such a shame that it does`nt get used.

And Mark, your anoraks getting far to small, its tightening around your scrotum !! go and treat your self to a nice car, blow the cobwebs off yourself. you deserve it !!

WELL BILLY

IT SEEMS LIKE YOU & MARK ARE DOING BATTLE>> AS I HAVE SEEN YOUR CAR & BEEN OUT IN IT I DONT THINK THERE COULD BE A BETTER ONE AROUND IF I HAD THE £££££ I WOULD BUY IT , PROBLEM IS "ITS SO GOOD "I PROB WOULD NOT WANT TO TAKE IT OUT I HAVE BEEN THERE & DONE THAT .--- SO MARK BE NICE TO BILLY YOU MAY NEED HIM SOME DAY NEVER KICK PEOPLE ON YOUR WAY UP AS YOU CAN MEET THEM ON YOUR WAY DOWN WISE WORDS FROM MY DAD AFTER ALL ITS A NEW YEAR NOW BE HAPPY

REGARDS KEL HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL TR ERS

CANT WAIT FOR MALVERN!!!!!

Edited by KEL

Well, IMHO,

Both cars look great, but the car with the Revington Rebuilt Engine would win it for me. Having been in a Tr6 with a similar spec engine.

Shame i am not in the market for a Tr5. <_<

Cheers

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal

It is worth noting to anyone reading this post that Bill (Jaguar) & Kel are very close friends.

I also know Bill very well and we often try to "wind" each other up (a bit!)

Bill - your car looks gorgeous and worth every penny of the £33k you're asking I'm sure......

It is worth noting to anyone reading this post that Bill (Jaguar) & Kel are very close friends.

I also know Bill very well and we often try to "wind" each other up (a bit!)

Bill - your car looks gorgeous and worth every penny of the £33k you're asking I'm sure......

THATS BETTER LADS KEL

Thanks for all your kind comments ect, i dont really need to sell the car, its just that i want to free up a garage, and its such a shame that it does`nt get used.

And Mark, your anoraks getting far to small, its tightening around your scrotum !! go and treat your self to a nice car, blow the cobwebs off yourself. you deserve it !!

I didn't mean it as a dig, Billy - sorry for that :( I just thought it a more obvious non-original feature than Marko's items. I too agree the price is " fair " knowing that duplicating it would certainly cost more.

Not using a very very nice one is commonplace; that's why I kept a driver too ;)