TR5 Handbook

Hello 'Mr New Member'!

And welcome to the forum!

These handbooks are indeed rare - a couple (with covers in better condition than this one) fairly recently sold for around £200 with one going for £300!!!

I suppose the 'water staining' described gives it a certain 'patina'! :lol:

I managed to get an Australian reprint a couple of years ago, though there are certainly not many around. They have not been reprinted in the Uk to my knowledge.

It will be interesting to see how bidding fairs with this one!

Brgds

For your information, the Spares Development Fund (SDF) is investigating the possibility of a re-print. However, we have to overcome the copyright issue first. If we overcome that obstacle, we'll inform you via TRaction.

Ian Cornish (SDF Chairman)

I bought a genuine BL TR5 spares catalog from ebay the other week for £25 not really expecting to win it at that price, the cover is a bit mangy but well worth a read for sad farts like me, the funny thing is the 4A catalog that I really wanted cost me £30 maybe I was just lucky ? or are these things quite common ?

Cheers

Alan

Is it worth buying, do they do a reprint version, if so where can I buy one.

Depends why you want one. If you are interested in the content, then just buy the Heritage TR4, TR4A, TR5 & TR250 CDROM which contains handbooks, parts catalogues and workshop manuals for all the cars. You can also print off any or all of the books if you want hard copy. Can't remember the price, but less than £20 when I bought mine.

• 4 weeks later...
New member here, anyone seen this handbook listed on Ebay?

ebay tr5 handbook link

Is it worth buying, do they do a reprint version, if so where can I buy one.

thanks

Me thinks, from personal experience, that the value of this item went up slightly higher than normal because of your post ;)

I have no idea what the bid was at when you posted, but I have just seen the wining bid value!! :o

Hello BTW :)

By the end of this month, I expect to have further news about the SDF's efforts to provide a reproduction of the 2nd Edition of this Handbook.

The reason for saying 2nd Edition is that the 1st Edition (coded 2m/10/67) contains a number of errors (tyre pressures, oil capacity of differential), so there's no point in reproducing that!

I note that the e-Bay seller did not indicate which Edition he was selling.

A Handbook (or anything else) is worth whatever someone else is willing to pay for it - there's no intrinsic value.

Ian Cornish

Strange world... last year a friend of mine bought 2 original handbooks, a TR250 and a TR5 book at the Antwerp Classic Show for 25 Euros from Rimmer :lol::lol:

And I bet they weren't in "good used condition" like the one we are discussing :lol:

I still can't get over what someone paid for that dog eared piece of paper :blink: