No more wind.......!

Hi All,

I have fitted a Breeze Breaker to my roll bar.

I am very pleased with it, the girlfriend is happy now that she does have to redo her hair when she gets out of the car. :huh:

So hopefully she will accompany me more in the car :blink::blink:

Heres a picy, i think it looks good.

DSC04127.jpg

Regards

Guy

For those who havent seen them before heres a link to their website

http://www.breezebreaker.co.uk/

Oh am not connected to this site . Am just a happy chappy.

Edited by Jersey Royal
Hi All,

I have fitted a Breeze Breaker to my roll bar.

I am very pleased with it, the girlfriend is happy now that she does have to redo her hair when she gets out of the car. :huh:

So hopefully she will accompany me more in the car :blink::blink:

Heres a picy, i think it looks good.

DSC04127.jpg

Regards

Guy

For those who havent seen them before heres a link to their website

http://www.breezebreaker.co.uk/

Oh am not connected to this site . Am just a happy chappy.

Jersey, whats the exhaust on the car?

Geoff

Jersey, whats the exhaust on the car?

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Exhaust is a 6-3-1 single bore system. The rear silencer was from Revington and i think its a" Tiger". Problem i had with it was that the tail pipe used to stick out five inches i think beyond the bumper.

Living on an Island the car is on and off ferries regularly and the protrusion could possibly cause problems with people walking past it on the boat and banging themselves, i had done it a few times.

So i had to chop it in line with the outside edge of the bumper.

Regards

Guy

Ps your cars a great colour

Edited by Jersey Royal

I bought a Breezebreaker a while back, beware, it doesn't fit without modification if you are tall and have MX5 seats fitted!

I'll probably Ebay it if anyone is interested.

Ron

PS. Guy, Nice car, nice colour!

Edited by ron
I bought a Breezebreaker a while back, beware, it doesn't fit without modification if you are tall and have MX5 seats fitted!

Ron

I just bought a used "roll bar", the type that anchors to the rear shelf (via 4 feet). I noticed that my miata seats are hitting the roll bar and I dont even have them that far back. I'm planning to angle the roll bar a tad to stop the seats from rubbing on the roll bar. I think if I do that a plexiglass insert will be fine.

A few people in my club have put an LED light bar (running lights plus brake lights) along the top of the roll bar. These LED bars are red, about 15 inches long and an inch or so high and I think it makes a big difference to visibility which is a big issue where I live.

Stan

Guy

So does this mean the clutch is all working OK?

Regards

Tim

Yup,

All seems fine so far, which is amazing.

Regards

Guy

PS . Ron..i ahave to agree its a great colour am sure Tims will agree. Thought it was time you had avatar change.

Edited by Jersey Royal

Ron

Hi Ron, I don't remember you getting back to me after you bought the Breeze~Breaker, but I am sure we could have sorted it out.

I have been caught out a couple of times with "non standard TRs" and as a result I try and ask prospective buyers as much as possile about their cars and how tall they are etc, this approach has worked fine and only in a couple of instances have I had to make modifications to the "as supplied brackets".

One screen was actually custom made for a Sunbeam Tiger in California to a paper template supplied by the owner and it fitted straight onto the car and now features in the photo gallery on my website.

Anyway Ron, if you still require some assistance with your Breeze~Breaker please email me via the link on the website and I will see what I can do to help.

Best Regards Chris Russell

Ron

idid too, if you add a small bracket about 3 inches lonc, it clears the seats

cheers

Chris

It's no big problem, I was just pointing out to anyone with MX5 seats that it might not be a straightforward fit, I bought it secondhand from someone who had sold their 6 and had hardly used it, I'm not all that convinced I want one, it's the usual story, I like the wind in hair motoring, other half is not so keen---------- so I bought her a bunnet :lol:

Ron

quote name='stephen cooper' date='Aug 10 2007, 04:21 PM' post='72888']

Hi Guy nice motor, But I reckon those wind deflectors and having the windows up totally defeats the object of having the top down though. Definately lose man points for that! :lol:

MMmm.......so how many 'man points' do guys with Surrey tops loose (even noted a TR6 at the Essex day with one) :huh:

[

Yes Guy, your car looks great, how about your girlfriend :) Too bad I missed you at the International, I was a little in a hurry to cut the TR3A anniversary cake :D hope to meet you next year.

Stan I have fitted the LED brake lights to my 6 a few years ago, They allow cars further up to spot your brake lights in due time, hope to prevent a potential shunt :(

Yes Guy, your car looks great, how about your girlfriend :) Too bad I missed you at the International, I was a little in a hurry to cut the TR3A anniversary cake :D hope to meet you next year.

Stan I have fitted the LED brake lights to my 6 a few years ago, They allow cars further up to spot your brake lights in due time, hope to prevent a potential shunt :(

Nice jiob Jean. Which seats are those ?

Hi Jean,

I am sorry to have missed you at the International, i had to leave earlier than i had planned on the sunday to catch the ferry, good job i did, ran into a lot of slow moving diversions and one pile up. Next year will catch boat on the Monday. Look forward to meeting you then.

Thanks for your kind comments on my motor, and girlfriend is equally great, but the long blonde hair does tend to smack me in the face when driving at speed. :rolleyes:

Hopefully planning a trip to South of France in the near future, and hence the Breeze Breaker. ;)

I like your rear brake light, i have often thought of fitting one.

Best Regards

Guy

Hi Stan, Jean and Guy, high level brake lights are all very good, but if the prat in front of you doesn't hold the car on the hand brake, but on the foot brake they can be an almighty pain in the a*se (or eyes) - same with the high intensity rear fogs especially at night, worse IMO than full beam hitting you, and you tend not to see the brake lights. In the UK, any additional (not mandatory) brake or fog lights must be working if fitted for MoT test.

Edited by jonlar
Hi Stan, Jean and Guy, high level brake lights are all very good, but if the prat in front of you doesn't hold the car on the hand brake, but on the foot brake they can be an almighty pain in the a*se (or eyes) - same with the high intensity rear fogs especially at night, worse IMO than full beam hitting you, and you tend not to see the brake lights. In the UK, any additional (not mandatory) brake or fog lights must be working if fitted for MoT test.

Interesting observation. I'll have to check that out before I install mine permanently. They are bright when the brake circuit is engaged. If they are over the top I'll stick to just the running lights or take care to not sit with the foot brake on. My problem is half the population here in New England is driving a pick up truck or SUV and they are not even looking down to where a TR6 might be and dont see the rear lamps even if they see the TR. I guess people are programmed to look for certain visual cues or are distracted gabbing on the cell phone:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/fos...%202007/016.jpg

Thanks for the warning.

Stan