Interesting sidescreen dashboards

you could position it, just below the overdrive switch ?

For me, i havent experienced any problems with the current position in my tr2.. perhaps not to big keyring ?

Or huge hands...? :-)

and you know what they say about guys with big feet.....

• 4 months later...

Wow, that's fugly! I love the blue center dash panel painted in the body colour, though (Don's post on August 26).

In general, I don't think that a TR's dash gets nicer when you try to spruce it up. A TR wasn't a burr walnut car and it still isn't.

Menno

With reference to the spares you see above in the boot, one has to remember that these TRs were not air-shipped to the races. The owner/drivers had to drive some distance to get there. Therefore, the need to carry spares.

Don, you did read post #3 in this thread about period Le Mans regulations, yes?

Hi Edwin

The TR3 smallmouth which you posted the old ebay.nl link to is now for sale on eBay UK, it still has its 'unique' carved wood dash.

It is showing a few battle scars on its previous nice paint job!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1957-Triumph-TR3-Small-Mouth-LHD-/271754410991?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Cheers

Ade

• 8 months later...

Another one, TS43835L from a dealer in Massachusetts. The idea of using a wooden panel in the center of the dash isn't new -- it's been done a lot over the years. It's never made sense to me, aesthetically or functionally. If for no other reason that grounds need to be managed differently using this approach.

i-hX2zbPQ-X2.jpg

Edited by Don H.

found this one:

1960-Triumph-TR3A-114071344161790.JPG

this was for sale in the netherlands, but the ad is no langer active.

more interesting details:

1960-Triumph-TR3A-114011344161789.JPG

Edwin

Of all the different types , I like this one most, -----very Jaguar like my old 1964 Mkll 2.4 litre model, still prefer the original though.

Dave