Front disc &caliper conversion

Hi all slowly building up the chassis I have put together the Willwood front disc & caliper conversion also using an alloy hub with standard stub axle ,but  when I tried to put a wheel on u guessed it it won’t cover the caliper, annoying but contacted willwood but they say rally design made the kit using there parts but the disc looks to big , obviously I bought it years ago so no chance of changing it but is there a 16 inch wheel that’s fits the tr5

1st pic the wheel only goes on a few inches

2nd pic it goes on but catches the caliper 

regards.

Nick

IMG_2941.jpeg

IMG_2942.jpeg

IMG_2943.jpeg

Would a 6mm spacer between the wheel and hub not provide enough clearance?

Ralph

Nick,

16” wheels are possible. Wyn Lewis had some on his TR5. They looked v good. Wyn no longer has that car, and I don’t know who owns it. Perhaps a search may bring some information.

What was your reason for the brake ‘upgrade’?

Are you too far down the road to not bother with it? Standard brakes in good condition are more than good enough.

David

I know some of the US TR6 guys run 16" wheels like Panasports so they are available. There are lots of alloys around over here that are 4 stud but they dont look very "Period"

Stuart.

Spacers might work ,re brake upgrade bought them years ago always used standard so maybe have them if I can resolve the issue,will look at some wheels I wanted to used my rostyles tbh so not period a no go,

hub does not catch but the caliper touches the inside of the wheel .

not had a reply yet from rally design and they don’t have a phone contact any more

thanks guys

Nick

Nick.

A quick search on the forum shows that Wyn's car was sold at one point by Mark O'Malley - Classic Marks. He's Marko on here and if you contact him, he may have details of the wheels and/or a photo. It's a well developed/modified car, or at least it was.

David