Hello,

Persevering with the wiring and i find 2 inline fuses. One for an electric fan, which had a 35A fitted - seems a lot. And one for a fuel pump with no fuses in the holder.

Any thoughts on appropriate sizes?

Cheers

Dave

Edited by dpb
  • dpb changed the title to In-line fuses Tr3A

Some fan motors can take a very large current when they start up Dave, though I would have expected 20A to be sufficient to allow for that.  (Of course it might be that a 35A fuse was found necessary by a previous owner.)  

A fuel pump doesn't usually take much current so a 7.5A fuse should probably be fine, but you could check on the type of pump to see what the draw actually is. 

Both 'continuous carry' ratings.

Thanks Rob. I'll have an experiment i think, using your suggested ratings.

I could really do with fitting an extra fuse box and maybe a relays holder as well -  there must be such a thing.

Cheers

Dave 

I

Durite make relays with a fuse holder included for under a tenner.   I use them in my headlamp relay circuit.

https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/standard-mini-make-break-relay-normally-open-no-contacts-12v-20a-with-fuse.html

Problem I hit was that I now need to carry another spare part. viz. the blade type fuse.

Just now, harlequin said:

I was looking at one of these https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product/hidden-fuse-relay-box-tr2-3a/ to tidy up some of the electrics under the bonnet 

George 

My brother has fitted that kit to his TR2 and it is very tidy.

28 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

My brother has fitted that kit to his TR2 and it is very tidy.

I think it will make a professional looking job of the electrics, the only reason I haven't already fitted one is I am considering simplifying thing by doing away with the headlight relays and fitting LED bulbs.

George 

Thanks everyone.   I'll have a good look at those things.

Cheers

Dave 

I must admit my fuse box is getting a little crowded and I could do with either a bigger box, or an additional one to share the load.

Ralph

20240401_095502.jpg

This was my home-made solution which fits in place of the original box:

ffused2.jpg.3a02f42e032390815bf397187bdd5383.jpgf

fused.jpg.0a6114e7d3eb322efc7ff7074fe67884.jpgf

Edited by RobH

I was thinking of one of these FL7 4 fuse boxes as commonly used on cars of the 70s, should fit where the existing box is and gives 2 extra fuses so I can divide the loads up a bit.

Ralph

s-l960.jpg