They don’t want me inside?!

Yep - it's quite common for odd 'security' screws to be used these days. As you say - it's to deter you from getting inside. Some have a cenral spigot too.   You need a set of these:

bits2.jpg.081d6c184388f7fd1dcf35a252051710.jpg

Yes fleabay or Amazon. Readily available. You can get complete sets with all the different odd-uns in for not much money, but most of those don't yet include pentagonal. 

Inside (must be although I cannot see it) is some sort of pulley system with 3 or 4 levels of resistance (maybe they don’t want you in there because everything might pop out under pressure?), the resistance is too strong on all the settings at the moment; you can hear and feel resistance inside (compared to the other end / others, bit of eezit oil inside could not do any harm?

Do Pentagons have anything other than 5 sides.????

Roger

41 minutes ago, Tony_C said:

Anyone seen this before? It came from the USA and (if picture is not clear enough) it’s a five sided pentagon.

1 hour ago, RobH said:

Yep - it's quite common for odd 'security' screws to be used these days. As you say - it's to deter you from getting inside. Some have a cenral spigot too.   You need a set of these:

bits2.jpg.081d6c184388f7fd1dcf35a252051710.jpg

I bought a set of 5 sided Torx keys recently on eBay to release a radio from my BMW Z3 dash. Quite cheap. 
Btw Tony, what is it that you are trying to get into?

Dave McD

Thanks Dave, it’s not TR.. but you already knew that!

My wife is a Sports Therapist and this is part of a piece of ‘reformer Pilates equipment’…. Clear as mud now? ^_^ (No chance to send it back to the US so l thought I could have a poke around)

3 hours ago, RogerH said:

Do Pentagons have anything other than 5 sides.????

Roger

Of course they do Roger.  
The American pentagon has only one side.

Theirs