When is a Tr6 side marker an indicator?

Thank you Derek. I thought I was right having converted my ex USA car to UK spec. I tried telling the seller this but he is adamant that he used to sell these as an ex UK parts dealer of British Leyland parts. I would appreciate it massively if you or another member could contact this seller to correct him as I have tried without success and I would like to prevent some inexperienced newbie to TR6 ownership to fall into the trap of buying this part mistakenly.

17 hours ago, saffrontr said:

Hi the auction you are looking at is for a USA side marker.

Hi Derek,
Out of interest, how can one tell the difference? Aren't they both amber lenses?
Cheers,
JC

Thanks Derek. That's clear. I assume the different pattern in the lens gives a different spread of light. BTW I see the eBay item has sold.
JC

3 hours ago, saffrontr said:

Hi JC, 

Attached images show the differences between the two lenses. 

cheers

Derek

USA wing marker lamp 54579800.jpg

wing indicator 54580974.jpg

Hi Derek 

Just to be clear is the top or the bottom picture correct for a UK car?

Thanks

Andy

The UK type are readily available on eBay albeit without the chrome edging. If using a US lens as an indicator then I assume that the rear chrome foil will need to be removed for it to effective as an indicator?

Derek

US side marker lens rear face.jpg