interior light

Have you tried “Google Lens” to help with identification? Put the photo into Google photos, hit the lens icon at the bottom of the active photo and many suggestions appear.

Iain

Edited by iain

Nigel,

I know "Art Deco" is the wrong era, but there is something about the lines on the top and the bottom of the bezel that remind me of a time before the 1950s.

The same with the rounded lens.

I used to have a 1950's ambulance that had similar "Art Deco" touches on the interior lamps and I wonder if the lamp came from a commercial vehicle, rather than a car.

Think of 1950s coaches.

Didn't there used to be coach builders on the Slough Trading Estate in the 1950's?

Maybe the lights came from them.

Charlie.

7 minutes ago, Nigel C said:

close but not quite getting that cigar....

Hi Nigel agreed but, you only have what I could paste to the screen, there are more on the search.

Iain

Just checked who made the interior lights for my old ambulance and it was a company called BMAC ltd. They still sell modern lights for comercial vehicles (Plus trains).

They actually started in 1927, so it gives a clue to their styling. Maybe they kept the moulds going for years.

My ambulance was made in 1960, but the lights looked much older.

Maybe worth eMailing them to ask if yours was made by them. (Long shot, but you never know.)

4 hours ago, Charlie D said:

Just checked who made the interior lights for my old ambulance and it was a company called BMAC ltd. They still sell modern lights for comercial vehicles (Plus trains).

They actually started in 1927, so it gives a clue to their styling. Maybe they kept the moulds going for years.

My ambulance was made in 1960, but the lights looked much older.

Maybe worth eMailing them to ask if yours was made by them. (Long shot, but you never know.)

A good lead.

Wish I had a train needing lights.

https://www.bmac.ltd.uk/product-category/road/