Hood frame webbing

ee4627ed-76c0-4d52-bada-61b726861e7f.thumb.jpg.4f68cb7ce152665b4dc74bd69ef6be69.jpg  b9be18d8-c96d-48fc-9c9b-68ea3c339322.thumb.jpg.c01c8151dd3307fdbf2f2959d68c3ba4.jpg

There yer go. There would have been threaded holes to take the LTD pegs, & a screw to hold the plate. maybe yours got filled over ?

Bob

Edited by Lebro

Thanks Bob

My holes are still there so ready to go. Many thanks for the photo just not what i would have guessed . I thought that it would have been tidier 

Roy

Yes tidier by folding it back on itself under the metal plate.

Pierce the screw holes with an hole punch to get it all neat.

https://www.maunindustries.com/revolving-leather-hole-punch-plier-2-mm-to-4-8-mm/

IMG_2157.jpeg

The “Official” way to attach the webbing to the hoops is to use a similar plate to the one at the very rear and screw the webbing to each hoop. I think it was Bob who suggested to not attach the webbing to the rear most hoop and so you can use it to better tension the hood by pushing it forwards to tighten the hood once it is fixed to the top of the screen.

I did this and found it was much easier to fit the hood, because it was not totally under tension when it came to clipping to the screen. I used to have to really heave the hood to get it onto the screen pegs.

I may be making all this up, but hopefully Bob will clarify.

Charlie.

Almost right !  leave the rear hoop unattached to the webbing, pulled up next to the next hoop, then once the frame is in the upright position (& the hood clipped down) the rear hoop is pushed rearwards to its correct place (under the hood seam) to finally tension the whole thing.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Hood Frame Dimension:

Hello, do any one have experience with installing the hood frame to the TR3. I notice there are so many different dimensions between the frames. I have looked at 3 different frames and the dimension between the installation brackets goes from 109 cm, 110 cm and the largest dimension is 112 cm.

Do anybody know what the ideal dimension should be ?  And if it is to large between the mounting points can you just press it together and squeze it in ?  Will the round tubes on the frame collapse or it becomes difficult to operate.

Regards

Lars Erik

TR3A Hood frame 2.jpg

They all start out the same, just make it fit either by squeezing the sides or stretching it won't harm the frame. mine was too wide to fit without a bit of "narrowing".

Bob