Spare part needed

I got the car in bits in 1983 and restored it in 2012. The bracket worked ok until recently and broke. On investigation the screw had been welded onto the bracket. A good bodge job that has lasted over 40 years.
I need part no 602024 left hand hood pivot bracket. I have tried all the suppliers I know and the part is unavailable at the moment. 

I would have thought it was a fairly straightforward job to remanufacture the one you have even if it has been butchered a bit by welding the bolt in. It just needs someone with a lathe to make a ferrule and then fill the hole in the plate with weld before re-drilling it and then weld in the ferrule/boss.

I don't have a lathe and I have a list of jobs as long as the proverbial donkey's d**k otherwise I'd offer to do it for you.  I certainly know how to weld up holes and grind them flat so I can re-drill them. :unsure:

Rgds Ian

1 hour ago, RogerH said:

Out of stock at Moss and Rimmer

Easy enough to make tho'

Roger

The thread in the boss is No12 unf.  

Revington suggest they have them

https://www.revingtontr.com/product/602024/name/hood-frame-pivot-2-3b-lh

I repaired mine with an appropriate sized countersunk Rivnut. Seemed to do a neat enough job and feels sturdy enough. I didn't want to take the Mig to it as it came as part ofa bunch of freshly chromed bits.

Please wait while image is uploading...

PXL_20231206_230516517.jpg

PXL_20231206_230501729.jpg

PXL_20231206_230350051.jpg

Having said that I'm pretty sure the PO had fabricated this particular bracket as it is a slightly different gauge to the original on the left and doesn't have the heft or finish of the Standard part. 

Guess we may be in competition with each other when an original wax paper wrapped one comes up on our fave auction site.

Mark

This is now sold.

I have a NOS one ( no wax paper though) but it looks like it’s lh not rh.  Yours for £10 plus postage. 

IMG_5438.jpeg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT