Castle Combe end of Year Decider 21-10-23

It’s the last sprint of the year in the club championship today

and it will decide 2nd, 3rd, 4th over all and the class positions. 

I’m not racing so I’ll have await the outcome like everyone else. 

safe but not tooooo successful driving everyone. 

Well Hamish it was an interesting and slightly damp day, up until the final timed run Larry was sitting in first place & I was I believe 0.01 of a point behind him in second - and then it all went wrong in the final run, Larry spun off & so did I in the same place. Larry managed to stay on the black stuff and me not so much - hey ho.

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-21 at 17.08.07_d04f4c4b.jpg

Sorry to see that John, I hope the damage is not too expansive.

Mick Richards

Oh Mate I am so sorry to see that. 
i do hope you are ok.  And that it’s all affordably  fixable for you. But I know you are a man of many talents.  Where was offending part of the track ?

hopefully if you can face it- I can buy you a drink at the drivers meeting. 

i guess Larry was ok as he didn’t leave the track  

was len driving as I understand he had thrown himself off a ladder or a roof a few weeks ago !!!

If you need parts don’t forget to ask on here. The formites will I’m sure help where they can. 

H

John, sorry to see the damage. Hope nothing too badly bent on shell or chassis and suspension. When I see damage like that to outer panels, it makes me realise why we run with fibreglass panels. Apart from lightness, they’re relatively cheap and you can repair minor damage yourself. 
Good luck with the repairs. At least it’s at the end of the season with the long winter in front to spend some time on it. 
Dave McD

John

congrats on your 1st in class 2 the biggest and most competitive 

I hope it’s some consolation and reward for your seasons racing. 

Thanks everyone, & Hamish - 2nd in overall championship against Len...very well done - that was just so close this season, plus you get the greased weasel again!! I'll look forward to having a beer with you at the drivers meeting - both Tristan & I will be there this year.

Having now assessed the damage which is extensive, the body is coming off next week to check the chassis & suspension geometry & as long as everything is okay I'll fit another tub & new (fibreglass) panels ready for next season. It's also an ideal opportunity for me to fit a comprehensive roll cage system which will counter the weight saving of the glass panels.

• 1 month later...