Coast to Coast run 2024

Following this years very successful (and oversubscribed) coast to to coast run  I have started making plans for next years run.  However, now that Malvern has been booked for the 28th-30th June next year,  I am going to have to bring the date forward so as not to clash with the IWE.  I am therefore thinking the 12th to 15th of May. which will avoid the busy bank holidays. 

As for the route, well there has been some discussion as to where to go next year. At the moment the choices are East Anglia based in the Suffolk/Norfolk area or a return to Wales.  However, it has also been suggested that we should spread our wings a little by taking in not only the English coast but the French one as well!   For this to work we would need to factor in the ferry crossings to the price plus a two night stay at a Chateaux in the Normandy / Caen area where there is a lot to see and do. 

If you are interested I would appreciate it if you could provide me with some sort of feedback on either of the options above please.

For those of you who have never done the coast to coast before the format is simple.  A decent hotel is selected and two nights dinner, bed & breakfast are included. with the option of a third night prior to the event taking place to facilitate those who want to arrive in good time before the event.  In the past I have always tried to keep the costs down to below £300 for two people sharing a room  but that seems unlikely for next year given the state of things.   When I get some feedback I will be able to provide more information in due course.  Meanwhile, remember that places are limited to a maximum of 20 cars so do  register your interest asap via the email below. 

Paul Hogan. 

1953paulhogan@gmail.com

trs at the cot.jpg

On 10/12/2023 at 9:34 AM, ianc said:

No point in going to Wales as you will require a person with a red flag to cycle in front so that none of you exceed 20 mph.

Ian Cornish

Very true Ian  and of course we would have to allow cyclists and tractors to pass us  but I know some places where to avoid all of the dreaded 20 mph signs .  However, Wales will have to wait until 2025 as I can now confirm that we are now heading off to explore the east coast . More details to follow but its already proving popular with seven places already reserved. 

Hoges.