Moss fibreglass Surrey top

43 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Mal,

not a lot.  The HB is  apprx £1200(ish) and the Ali frame is apprx £1500 (ish)  

The new Ali is a steal.

Roger

Plus VAT, the Revival Alloy backlight is a great piece of work...which price gets to £1800 with it on. 

Mick Richards

1 hour ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

Plus VAT, the Revival Alloy backlight is a great piece of work...which price gets to £1800 with it on. 

Mick Richards

And more if you want it painted and trimmed.

The Honeyboure ones are a bit hit and miss now. Your right Roger they dont drill the holes for the soft top frame and the cup section for the hardtop bolt isnt fully cut out and the forward holes for the studs above the "B" post arent drilled.Obviously if you can afford it then either go for an original that turn up occasionally needing work or get a Revival one. If you have the time to refinish the Honeybourne ones properly then they can be made to look good as mine is.

Stuart.

photo1749 - Copy.jpg

I rather think the alloy pressing to be held in position and then welded in it are a bit more difficult to form. I would have thought he might just put a torch through that, if a competitor buys it there could be another outlet for the backlights.

Mick Richards 

1 hour ago, 62-tr4-DK said:

I have spottet one on Ebay I yellow for around GBP 3,200 With hardtop and Surrey.

/NP

That's about the going rate for an original alloy backlight with hardtop panel with Surrey softop and folding frame, in good condition, you'd hope it would not need any work at that.

Mick Richards  

19 hours ago, 62-tr4-DK said:

I have spottet one on Ebay I yellow for around GBP 3,200 With hardtop and Surrey.

/NP

Do you have a link as I couldnt find it?

Stuart.

7 hours ago, stuart said:

Do you have a link as I couldnt find it?

Stuart.

Sorry mate, I cannot find it either ..... now... must have been sold.

/NP